are we doing the right thing?

iVillage Member
are we doing the right thing?
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 6:20pm

Hello all!

It's been a while since I have been on... I have been dealing with the results of the 2nd HSG and it was confirmed that my tubes are blocked for sure-

So, today we met with the person that discusses the financial part of IVF and I left there feeling so overwhelmed that I thought I was going to throw up!  Now I keep wondering are doing the right thing?  Maybe we should just forget about having children, the cost is so overwhelming and what if it doesn't work?  Do I really even want to be a mother if I have to keep jumping through hoops? 

It wasn't ever supposed to be like this and now I am second guessing myself. We were supposed to get married and then just get preggers-  Now I worry about the financial burden this may have on DH and I~  It's one thing to just get knocked up and be broke-  it's another to become broke just trying to get knocked up!

I simply don't know what to do... DH wants a biological child and I am starting to think that perhaps we are not meant to be parents-  it's all just too much!        

Siggy 

babydust.gif Baby Dust image by melindajb13 

Wanted

ttcovariancystssuck.gif Ovarian Cysts image by melindajb13   UnExpectedlyA.gif image by melindajb13

blinkie_hopingforabfpin2009.gif image by melindajb13Photobucket   3c696140.gif image by melindajb13bsm_pleasesendbaby.gif image by melindajb13

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 7:40pm

Melinda (((HUGS)))

It might be time to just give it time and just think about it.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-02-2009 - 7:44pm

You're right, it wasn't supposed to be like this.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 8:37am

Hi Melinda!

I can completely understand your position.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 9:04am

Hi Melinda,

Big Hugs! I have thought many times in this journey that God was trying to tell me that I shouldn't be a mother. Or that I should be doing something else. (ie. adoption) Only you know what you are willing to do emotionally and financially to become a parent and I hope that you come to that decision. I think it just absolutely sucks that money has to be such a big factor in this. If it wasn't, DH and I would have adopted last year. We probably would've continued ttc but I would love to adopt too.

Keep in touch with us and let us know how things go for you. Sorry about the bad news on the hsg.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 10:15am

Melinda,

(((HUGS))), sorry to hear that your tubes are blocked.

Angela

Me 32, C 34. Toge

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 11:24am

Thanks so much for all your support!

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 1:12pm

(((HUGGSSS))) Melinda.

I am sorry about the news. This is not an easy journey. Its very over whelming I know. And its so expensive which doesnt help. I wish it didnt have to be this way for us. It should be easy. Making babies is supposed to be easy. Maybe stepping back for a bit would help you to decompress and recharge you batteries. Its what I have done in the past when it was getting to me. I just took a bit of time off and when I was ready I hit the ground running and ready again.

Youve gotten this far and worked so hard I wouldnt give up just yet. Ill be here to cheer you on and please vent away! My ear is here when ever you need it!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-03-2009 - 10:18pm

Melinda, I'm sorry about your hsg results.

Photobucket