seriously...

iVillage Member
seriously...
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 4:43pm

I cannot beleive this... it seems like having a biological child is just not meant to be for DH and I.

Last week I went in for my Day 3 bloodwork to get ready for our first IVF cycle in April / May.  Today the nurse called to tell me my levels which freaked me out b/c they said the would only call if there was a problem. And wait... let's call you at work too, b/c we all know how wonderful it is to get crappy news at work.

So the nurse proceeds to tell me that my prolactin levels were good- okay great.  Then she tells me that my estrogen is fine- okay great.  Then she tells me that my FSH is elevated and my levels are 14.5... okay, so what does that mean?  Well, she says, normal is 2 - 8 and my levels indicate that I have a decreased ovarian reserve and the chances of retrieving enough eggs is now diminshed.  Well isn't that just lovely!  She then tells me that in Jan 2008 my levels were 7.9- borderline, high but still good. 

So what the frick!  Are you telling me that if the Dr's had gotten off their asses and got those freakin' HSG tests done sooner then maybe, just maybe I might have stood a chance to get pregnant via IVF??!!!  Aren't I lucky to have blocked tubes AND dried up ovaries... 

So now they are going to change my protocol to MLP8- basically the maximum amount of medication that they can put me on to stimulate my ovaries... so if I wasn't a little nervous about how the IVF meds would make me feel before, now I am really freaking out!

I just feel like we have been faced with one obstacle after another... first it was cysts for 6 months keeping us from doing the IUI-  then we do the darn IUI and it doesn't work.  The someone says, maybe we should do an HSG... so we get one done which they say is inconclusive and we need to reschedule another one, only to have that cycle cancelled b/c they couldn't get a friggin' radiologist.  Now we figure out that my damn tubes are blocked and we find out my ovaries are old-  c'mon now!!!

So, as my rant continues has anyone else done an MLP8 protocol and if so, how insane did the meds make you?  I am now officially terrifed! 

Siggy 

babydust.gif Baby Dust image by melindajb13 

Wanted

ttcovariancystssuck.gif Ovarian Cysts image by melindajb13   UnExpectedlyA.gif image by melindajb13

blinkie_hopingforabfpin2009.gif image by melindajb13Photobucket   bsm_pleasesendbaby.gif image by melindajb13

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: bbonthebrain
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 4:54pm
GIGANTIC HUGS Melinda! How unbelievably frustrating. I'm so sorry.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 5:38pm
Oh Melinda, I'm so sorry you are having to go through all that you have and now get this call...enough already!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 6:01pm

Thanks everyone... I am sitting here at work and have about an hour and a half left before I can bolt out the door and break down...

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 6:30pm

Huggs Melinda. I am so sorry you got that news today. I wish I knew what to say to make you feel better.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 6:34pm

Hi Melinda,

I'm so sorry you got hard news today. You're due for a big break anytime now. I'm thinking of you and wishing you the best. Hang in there!

Me-30, DH newly 34, diagnosed with PCOS in Nov/Dec 2008. 3 Failed cycles of Clomid. (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) Started working with RE Nov 26. Asked for & started M

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 6:49pm

Oh my goodness Melinda, I am so sorry.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 7:26pm
(((((HUGSS)))))) I'm so sorry, it is just so crappy.

Karen S

Samantha Kelly ~i~ 7/31/07, missed with every breath I take.

Karen S

Samantha Kelly ~i~ 7/31/07

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 7:49pm
I am here for you. (((((HUGS)))))))))).

34 years old, Dh is 38; TTC since August 2007. DX - hormonal irregularities and/or poor egg quality due to age

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 8:47pm
I'm sorry Melinda.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Wed, 03-25-2009 - 8:55pm

{{{Hugs}}} Melinda...

I too found out last summer that I had a high level of FSH.

Remembering o

Pages