Discouraged

iVillage Member
Discouraged
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 12:09am
     Hi all!  Just need to stop by & vent!  Well, after failed fertility treatments, I was considering adoption.  I have been to an agency for an info. session & it was overwhelming!  Then DH got laid off & so all that is sort of on hold.  We are going to an info. meeting with another agency on Wed. anyway, but it is expensive so we probably won't sign up until DH gets another job.  I am still not over the failed fertility treatments & feel like no one understands & have been keeping to myself lately :(.  I feel like I will never have kids & it is depressing!  I feel like I don't fit in with the other teachers that have families (which is pretty much all of them!) & I don't feel like being social with them!  Thanks for listening!!  Marisa

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: marisalynn36
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 12:18am

( ( ( ( H U G S ) ) ) ) I'm sorry, Marissa. I haven't started any treatments yet, but I'm in the same boat as you. DH just got laid off right when I was to start them. They aren't covered by insur but I still don't have the cash. Everything for us is on hold, too. It is very depressing and sometimes I don't want to be around people who have little babies, either. We here do understand what you are going through. Come here and vent anytime you need to.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 10:16am

HI Marisa,

I was hoping your silence meant you were busy getting the adoption underway, I am sadden to hear you are hurting.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 11:55am

Hugs Marisa!

I'm sorry about your fertility treatments and your DH getting laid off. So awful how many people are losing their jobs right now. I hope this economy turns around soon and everyone can start back to working. It is such a shame that adoption is so expensive. My DH and I met with an agency last year too and would've jumped right in had it not been for the exorbitant fees. And yes it is so overwhelming too.

I hope things start looking up for you Marisa. I'm starting to think I need to find a new circle of friends too as I just feel left out with them now. I think I may look for an infertility group in my city. Do you have any where you live?

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 11:56am
marisa, (((hugs))) we understand how devastating IF is here. i know what it's like to feel that no one in your life understands how important this is. i'm sending lots of baby vibes your way...

ana

TTC since Sept '06. Diagnosed w/ PCOS, DH diagnosed with azoospermia Dec '06, TESA Mar '07. IVF/ICSI/AZH#1 Aug'07, BFN (6 usable eggs, 5 embies, 2 transferred, 1st beta=18, 2nd beta=12, 0 made it to blast to freeze). IVF/ICSI#2:retrieval Nov'07 (w/ fresh TESA), FET sched Jan'08, no embryos to transfer (23 usable eggs, 12 embies, 0 made it to transfer). IVF/ICSI#3: retrieval Mar'08, FET May'08, BFN (13 usable eggs, 7 fertilized w/ DH sperm= 0 blasts, 6 fertlized w/ DS=3 blasts, all 3 transferred, 1st beta=74, 2nd beta=64, 3rd beta=42). 1st cycle IUI/clomid/donor sperm postponed due to lack of follicular growth on 100mg clomidx5days.

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 12:09pm

I'm so sorry to hear about your IF issues. This wait for a baby is absolutely agonizing.

But adoption is a wonderful alternative! I'm glad that you are looking into other options. Are you going international or domestic? I've looked heavily into adoption. If I could afford it, it is probably what I'd do. I know it is expensive, but there is also an adoption credit for about $15,000. Makes adoption so much more affordable - but still need the $20k+ from the star.

I wish you all the best. Mourn he loss of pregnancy, but not that of a child.

Liz

Liz

Liz (22) Marc (38), Married 11/18/05, TTC #1 since then. 12/06 - DH di

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 6:24pm

(((HUGGS))) Marisa. Sorry you haviung such a tough time. The timing sucks. Hang in there.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-29-2009 - 7:29pm
((((HUGS)))) Marisa.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 8:48pm
iVillage Member
Mon, 03-30-2009 - 9:59pm

Hi Marisa,

I'm sorry you've been feeling down. :( I hope your hubby gets another job soon so you can move forward with adoption. I know it's unbearably hard dealing with previous failed treatments, and I truly believe they leave a scar on us forever, no matter how things turn out later. But I also believe that once you see your son or daughter for the first time, you will think you wouldn't have had it any other way. I hope things look up very soon.

Reba

http://abernathy-and-malachi.virtual-memorials.com/

Rainbow Baby Girl due May 12, 2009

Remembering o

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-03-2009 - 9:18pm
(((HUGS))) Marisa I have been thinking about you.

Photobucket

Pages