I want to sleep

iVillage Member
I want to sleep
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 4:12am
So, now I am on day two of almost no sleep.  What is going on?  I love to sleep why is it so hard to sleep?  Suzi do you have trouble sleeping?  What about you Izzy?  I have tried many things...please let me sleep :(

Photobucket

TTC TTC #1 since June 2006, Me 28 & DH 30, IVF #1 ICSI and AH ~ BFN, IVF #2 Jan ICSI and AH ~ BFN, Just reserved our donor for our DE IVF, DX ~ pre-POF also known as POI, TTC w/ the assitance of Traditional Chinese Medicine. 
"To get through the hardest Journey we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping." ~Chinese Proverb

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Free BlinkiesPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket
A symbol of hope for women with POI (POF)
http://www.rachelswell.org/

My Blog

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 8:30am

I'm sorry you're having such a hard time, Susan.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 9:01am
The funny thing Izzy is I haven't had caffine in a while and the last 2 afternoons I haven't exercised.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 10:47am
That does help me relax a little during the day.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 12:42pm

I am sorry you cant sleep Susan. I had problems last night too! I even took something that usually helps me sleep and that didnt work either. I think my mind is working overtime! I hope we both get some Zs tonight!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 12:46pm

Susan, a couple of years ago I truely went 3 days with no sleep. It was so scary. I tried everything. Lately I've been struggling again and last night I took a generic unisom and some tylenol and I slept better than I had for a couple of days. I think Caren knows a tea you could try- I haven't read any posts so Caren, if you already told her, sorry.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 1:37pm

Suzi I think it is all linked to the horror-mones.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 2:21pm

I'm sure it is. And I also think that your body may be stressed or stuff when you don't feel it either. I hope you get your provera to kick start AF. I actually think I have a bottle somewhere that they had me fill but then I didn't need. I hope you sleep, too. I know how it is and it sucks to just lay there, staring at the ceiling, wishing you could just fall asleep. LOL I wish I could be like DH and the minute I lay down and close my eyes and I'm out.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 6:41pm

Susan,

It's definitely a hormonal imbalance I would think. When I was taking estrogen and then going off it I was going crazy with hot and cold flashes, as you remember. I didn't have one good night's sleep in 3 months. So you need to do everything to balance those hormones. Speak to the doctor about getting progesterone - it makes people sleepy. Also acu can help. And don't let them talk you into taking Estrogen ever again - I think it's the worst thing in the world. Going off it is like what it must be like to go off heroin or something. I think you are having E withdrawals.

I don't know of a tea but you know I am a Simply Sleep fan forwhen it gets impossible to sleep.

((((((((((HUGS))))))))))))))

34 years old, Dh is 38; TTC since August 2007. DX - hormonal irregularities and/or poor egg quality due to age

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 9:18pm
Awww susan, I'm sorry you can't sleep.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-07-2009 - 10:08pm

Hate to play the one to bring this up but, could you be pregnant? Insomnia is a symptom of pregnancy. And the hot flashes and general icky feelings. Is it a possibility or is that not even in the ball park?