What is WRONG with my stupid ovaries??

iVillage Member
What is WRONG with my stupid ovaries??
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 11:55am

I went for my CD11 blood and ultrasound this morning.  I got up at 4:30 in the morning to drive an hour away to do this and get back in time to start teaching at 8:45am.

This cycle I was on Femara, Clomid, and Bravelle (injectables).  It's a medium stimulation protocol that should develop 3-5 eggs.  I wasn't getting a good feeling this cycle, and my feelings are always right.  I wasn't saying anything online though because I was trying to stay positive (just my husband and my mom heard about my bad feelings).

So I go for my U/S and I have ONE freakin follicle that's only measuring 13mm.  On DAY 11.  ONE SMALL FOLLICLE.

After all the meds I've been taking, my stupid frickin ovaries only managed to choke out one measly follicle.  Not even a decent sized one either.

I decided I'm going to inject another vial of Bravelle tomorrow to try and help this little guy grow so we can at least have a shot this month.  But I am SO MAD.

It gets better though.  I get out of there with JUST enough time to get to work, but I'm on the phone crying to my husband.  I'm really upset and distracted.  Half an hour later I'm still upset, but I'm starting to pay more attention to the road.  Turns out I missed the turn off for the highway I need to take to go back home, and I've gone half an hour in the wrong direction. 

Obviously I burst into tears again.  At this point it is 8:15, school starts at 8:45, and I'm a good hour and a half away from work.

I ended up calling my principal in tears and telling him I just can't come in today.  Then I went back to my clinic and cried on a nurse for half an hour, talking about my crappy life and what we might do next cycle. 

At this point that's all I can hope for - that next cycle will work properly.  I hate that I have to be afraid about whether I will even ovulate on the massive amounts of drugs I'm taking.  I barely even think about DH's MFI and the fact that even if I DO ovulate I still might not get pregnant.  Because I can't even get to the point where getting pregnant is a real option for me.  Everytime I try to do the IUI something goes wrong.

I'm still going to try and get this little follicle to mature so we can do an IUI sometime in the next week.  But I'm pretty positive it will be a pointless waste of money to do the IUI with only one crappy egg.  How are my husband's "challenged" sperm and my crappy egg supposed to create a baby? 

Lauren

TTC #1.  Me, 24 with ovarian dysfunction; DH, 27 with low sperm count and slightly low motility and morphology. We're trying to improve his count with FertilAid, L-Carnitine, L-Arginine, CoQ10, Niacin, Vitamin C, Folic Acid, and Omega 3.  HSG showed that my tubes are open.  Tried one cycle of 50mg Clomid - annovulatory.  Tried to do IUI #1 (unmedicated - against my will) in March'09.  No follicle growth occured.

Currently - BCP (Marvelon) from March 17 - 26 to bring on AF.  March 30 = CD1.  This cycle we will do IUI with Femara, Clomid, and Injectables (Bravelle).  First bloodwork and ultrasound on CD11 (April 9).

Our Blog

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 12:09pm

(((HUGS))) Huge hugs to you!!! I'm so sorry about your day. I hope that it gets better and that you get that follie big enough to work with.

If it's any consolation, my ovaries are totally failing and I'm only 26! It sucks. ALOT.

Try to feel better, you'll get there. Keep your chin up.

Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

VISIT MY BLOG AT http://myinconceivablethoughts.blogspot.com
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 12:20pm

I wouldn't be surprised if I have failing ovaries by the time I'm 26.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 12:26pm

OH Lauren.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 12:42pm
((HUGS)) ((HUGS)) ((HUGS))
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 1:05pm

Oh Honey that is sooo frustrating!!!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 1:12pm

Thanks, Susan.

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 1:14pm
Thanks for the hugs, Faith.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 1:16pm

(((HUGGSS))) Lauren

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 1:17pm
Thanks Lori.
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-09-2009 - 1:19pm

Thanks, Cynthia.

Pages