Another baby shower:(

iVillage Member
Another baby shower:(
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 9:57am

As soon as I saw the mail on the counter I knew what it was, another baby shower invite. I swear I've been to a dozen in the last year and a half alone. I am so sick of babies r us and target registries and pink friggin balloons and stupid games. I just sat on the couch and cried. As you can see my mood really hasn't improved much and I feel like a fat cow.

Then I go in for my repeated pg loss testing this am and she tells me they can only do some of the tests there and I have to go to Lab Corp for the rest (all 22 of them!). Umm, thanks for telling me before hand! So I had to come into work, late again for the 2nd time this week and tell my male boss that I will be late again tomorrow for more testing. It just makes him uncomfortable because he doesn't want to hear about my problems. Plus in this economy coming in late all the time isn't really a good thing.

Thanks for listening, just needed to vent this morning. I'm down in the dumps.

Kelly

ttc#1, got bfp in April '08, missed miscarriage, 1st d&c June 6, 2nd d& for retained placenta accreta ;c Aug 1, hysteroscopy on Aug 20 punctured uterus & procedure stopped so placenta still attached, methotrexate on Aug 26th.  did the trick & placenta gone; Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome (uterine walls adhered together with scar tissue) on September 19th.  Hysteroscopy on December 18th, hoping that all scar tissue & adhesions are removed and I have a nice new uterus!   Second bfp on Feb 11, 2009.  Betas looked good but ultrasound showed no development.  M/C on March 13th at 8 weeks.  Waiting for betas to drop and start ttc again. 

godgiveushealthybaby.gif image by DawnNJohn1020love husband blinkie

Nottooold.gifPhotobucket

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fcb51

Kelly

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 10:18am

Awe, Kelly.
I really hope you get to feeling better...something must be going around b/c it seems like there's several of us down in the dumps.

You know, it would be totally acceptable to send a gift card and not attend the baby shower if you're afraid it will upset you too much.

That is what I'm doing for this next one...they just got married, and of course, they weren't trying to get pg, b/c they just bought a house, but low and behold, they are pg! whoo. So, 7 months after attending the house warming party, we're now all supposed to buy baby gifts too.
BOO!

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 10:29am
I'm sorry things just are going well right know.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 10:53am

Oh Kelly, I'm sorry.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 11:38am

I feel for ya Kelly! ANOTHER one of our friends just found out his g/f is preggers, and they weren't trying. AND another set just had a baby... they deserved it though. The husband has major health problems, and she has had a miscarriage. But still... we're going to go see the new baby girl this weekend. Their daughter is six, and she will make an AWESOME big sister (she was my flower girl :0) None the less... seeing a baby will make me want to take it home with me. I had to cut back seeing another friends baby because she isn't quite taking care of the way she should, and it upsets me and I want to take it home with me. OH well. I agree with the G/C and card idea... unless you think you can handle it!

P&PT's! We all need to pull out of these dumps together!

Happily married to DH since March 15, 2008

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

September 2008: Diagnosed with cervical cancer and HPV. Cells were removed in two spots via freezing, minor scar tissue. Gave up caffeine and smoking.

Cycle 1: No O

Cycle 2: No O

Cycle 3: No O

Cycle 4: O'd for the first time! Took prenatal, fish oil, calcium, acidophilus, EPO and B-6

Cycle 5: No O, same vitamins.

Cycle 6: O'd late due to stress. Just taking a prenatal this cycle. Also, V8 Splash mmm

Happily married to DH since March 15, 2008

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 12:05pm
Thanks everybody, the gift card idea may be the way to go. And yes Sam, we all need to get out of the dumps somehow. I'm hoping acupuncture helps tonight. It always relaxes me at least.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 1:07pm

Hi Kelly,

I am sorry your feeling so down. That really sucks that they didnt let you know before. Everyone is so organized! The invitation doesnt help I know.

I wouldnt go if your not up to it. I forced myself to go to one in the winter and was on the verge of tears the whole time. From the minute I walked in I wanted to leave. I was stuck there cause I got a lift over. DH ddint want me driving in

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 2:11pm

I'm sorry that you had to suffer through that shower like that. I usually just have what I think of as an "out of body" experience. I'm there and I'm smiling and oh so happy, but I just can't wait until they're done opening all the cute baby clothes so I can leave.

I went to one about a month ago and after 2 hours she hadn't started opening the gifts yet so I made an excuse and left. Plus she was drinking a glass of wine and I just couldn't believe it. This girl didn't know she was pg until about 14 weeks (really!) and drank it up the whole time she didn't know. Wouldn't you think she would try to be as careful as possible for the rest of her pg since she exposed the baby to so much in the beginning???

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 2:22pm

That just burns my butt when I see PG women abusing the privilege and gift of pregnancy they've been given!
Ugh, my BF smoked through most of her first pregnancy and wonders why her son has severe allergies and has suffered through ear infection after ear infection for the past 4 years.
NOW, she's PG again and smoked the first few weeks as well as deciding it would probably be fine to have a few margaritas one night.

really???

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 3:09pm

Seriously?! I can not believe that, well actually I guess I can. I think some people just take it for granted. I was afraid to even use anything with any type of acid on my face when I was pg. Just ask the poor sales girl at the Kiehl's counter who I made look up all the ingredients in their types of eye creams, LOL.

Off topic, but how are things with your sister?

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-16-2009 - 4:42pm

Ha. I totally agree with you on the ingredients in products and such!

My sister...ugh. She is selfish, self centered, completely only involved in her own world. If it doesn't benefit her somehow, she doesn't want anything to do with it.

You can be having a conversation with her and if you start to talk about your own life (which you will be lucky if you are able to do this) you can just hear in her voice that she has shut down her listening devices...it doesn't concern her.

Matt and I have decided to just try and be as supportive as we can without being crazy, limit our contact with her as much as possible without seeming like jerks and wait until the baby is born.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

Pages