Here we go

iVillage Member
Here we go
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 10:18am

Ok here we go..... have my surgery all booked in... but i should start at the beginning. I am 28, with POCS,endo and some tubal problems. Infertility was a major cause in the break down of my first marriage. ( We were TTC 3 years) My fiance and I are starting the process as we want to know exactly what we are faced with ( TTC 1 and 1/2 yrs). I had a lapro and dye studies 4 yrs ago but it didn't show much, I have a great Gyno atm and have another lapro, dyd study and some removal of endo scheduled in a week. I am so nervous and scared. I already feel like a failure, I don't think I can handle bad news, I just want to be a mum so much, I feel like I can't breathe sometimes. I am just so tired of 'playing happy' when friends are PG or have babies, I mean I am so happy for them but at the same time am just screaming inside. If anyone has any support or advice for getting thru this please send it my way

Dani

iVillage Member
In reply to: aus_dani
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 10:45am

The best advice I can offer you is to try to keep yourself on an even keel, Dani. Yoga, massage, acupuncture, meditation, journaling.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 11:16am

Hugs Dani! I am so sorry that you've been through so much. Try to stay positive about the surgery, that it is a step to you getting to be a mum. Please don't feel like a failure or beat yourself up over this. You didn't do anything wrong, this isn't your fault. You should be proud of yourself for having the courage to soldier on.

We can all relate to having to play happy for our friends. Even if we ARE happy for them, it still just makes us sad that it's not us and we want our chance.

Keep us posted on your surgery, I hope all goes perfectly and you are one step closer to realizing your dream. Think of this as a check in box.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-17-2009 - 12:14pm

I don't have any advice, Dani.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 10:43am

Hi Dani,

Photobucket