My stupid friend

iVillage Member
My stupid friend
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 1:57pm

Ok so this is a story about my stupid friend. Sorry it long

A couple of week ago I was out for coffee with 3 friends. 2 of them are not TTC, 1 is. She (Lets call her the moron) has for about a year. She was convinced she had a problem (lied to the doc about how long shes been trying shes 32 and here you have to be over 35 or trying for over a year before the doc wants to see you) and went for tests and was told there was nothing wrong with her so they said she was in the 20% unexplained for fertility problems category. 

So we are sitting there discussing someone else we know that just had a MC. I was saying something and she kept cutting me off and correcting me. She is a person that thinks she knows everything. I have had 2 MCs and I think I know a little more than her, I was getting really pissed so pissed I couldnt say anything or I would lose it. The others noticed and we changed the subject.

So later the moron was complaining she was going to have to do IVF and how much it was going to cost. I said to her that it doenst make sense there are other options she should be trying first, there is Clomid and different shots. She should really look into different options before IVF. After all the docs didnt find anything wrong with her which is great. I couldnt understand why the doc would start with IVF.

Anyway the next day she calls me to apologize for upsetting me about the MC discussion and I put that aside and had a long conversation with her about options. We spoke for 2 hours about HER and HER getting TTC.

Now fast forward 2 weeks later. I get a phone call from the moron, she is 9 weeks PG. I congratulate her and get off the phone. Wait... 9 weeks, 2 weeks ago she couldnt get PG and was going to do IVF? She was 7 weeks while we were talking about her TTC. WTF! I called my other friends who also figured this out after they got off the phone with her too. The moron lied about having fertility problems! We were all pissed, but especially me!! I couldnt call her to ask her about it because she is PG and I was going to kill her! So I waited a few days and cooled down. My 2 friends and I decided to all go for coffee with the moron and ask her whats up? She ended up going on a few trips we had to put it off and we finally went the other day.

So now shes 11 weeks and we went for coffee. Keep in mind I NEVER raised my voice I stayed VERY calm and we did NOT gang up on her. She gets crazy when you confront her and that is why we did it together, so she cant say we did anything we didnt do. So she was talking about how many weeks is was so I said "funny you bring that up..." and I asked her why did you do that? Did you think we wouldnt figure it out? We can do the math. How could you have that conversation with ME. She first yelled at me "come on Cynthia!!"and got very defensive, then got upset and kept saying that she isnt a good friend. She was right she isnt and I am only friends with her cause Ive know her for 17 years. So her answer.... she didnt want to tell us she was PG because our other friend was MCing. I told her "I totally respect that. You have every right to tell us when you are ready. Thats not why I am mad. You talked about being infertile WHILE you were PG. That really hurt me." She confessed she lied because she thought if she didnt continue to complain about her fertility issue we would figure out she was PG. Yeah its all about her. She got so worked up and upset we had to calm her down. We told her to just not lie agian and we left it at that. I couldnt say everything I wanted to because I was afraid of her getting over emotional. Funny eh. I was more concerned with her, why? because she is PG and I didnt want HER to have stress. We left it on a good note.

Thanks for letting me vent!

Cynthia

love husband blinkie  PhotobucketBaby Dust

DH 34 and me 36 We’ve been together 16 years married Sep 2004. TTC our first since Dec 2004.

Conceived using Provera and Clomid - MC April 03 2006

Conceived naturally surprise! - MC July 07 2008

Found out I have PCOS, MTHFR and Factor V Lieden so I will be a high risk pregnancy and have to inject myself every day with Fragmin.

God please just give me 1 healthy baby please!

Edited 4/21/2009 2:42 pm ET by girliegirl08

Edited 4/21/2009 3:11 pm ET by girliegirl08

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 2:48pm

She sounds like a complete and utter moron.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 3:05pm
Moron is a good word for her. Did she think you couldn't do math? Very strange.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 4:18pm
Why didn't she just not say anything at all about getting pregnant? That would have been much better than lying!! Oh well, I guess that's why you gave her the nick-name "moron". Sad that people have to be so terrible, and that they don't even notice... or the do and they don't care. I have an aunt who does that type of thing all the time. It's horrible, and she gets all the attention in the world because no one ever notices what she's doing. I'm very sorry that you had to deal with that though... it even makes me mad hearing about it!!!

Happily married to DH since March 15, 2008

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

September 2008: Diagnosed with cervical cancer and HPV. Cells were removed in two spots via freezing, minor scar tissue. Gave up caffeine and smoking.

Cycle 1: No O

Cycle 2: No O

Cycle 3: No O

Cycle 4: O'd for the first time! Took prenatal, fish oil, calcium, acidophilus, EPO and B-6

Cycle 5: No O, same vitamins.

Cycle 6: O'd late due to stress. Just taking a prenatal this cycle. Also, V8 Splash mmm

Happily married to DH since March 15, 2008

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 4:56pm

How incredibly insensitive!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 5:09pm

Whoa! What a friend you got there Cynthia. You have every right to be upset with her and if I were you, I would try to distance myself even further from her. Wow.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-21-2009 - 7:01pm

High maintenance and over the top is what that girl is. How crazy. who lies about being iF when they aren't! That's backwards all the while she was actually prego. How nuts. I'm sorry you had to deal with this. She's a nutcase.

You're amazingly patient and kind. I don't think I could have delt with her.

Have a good night.

Kitty

Photobucket

Me-30, DH newly 34, diagnosed with PCOS in Nov/Dec 2008. 3 Failed cycles of Clomid. (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) Started working with RE Nov 26. Asked for & started M

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 8:57am

Lauren

Oh that made me laugh when you said "She needs a punch in the friggin face" LOL! She does. But like I said I couldnt yell at her or really explain how hurt I was and what she had done because SHE IS PG and she was getting all worked up! I cant have that on my conscience if something happened. She is a moron and I dont think Ill be able to be the same friend I was. Like she was such a good friend in the first place. Ill be talk to her at group events and thats about it. Actually my other friend is having a BBQ this weekend, I hope she doesnt go!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 9:01am

Kelly

I guess she though I would let it go. Yeah right! Or maybe she thought we couldnt figure it out. Im glad I brought it up and let her know

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 9:08am

Samantha

Thats what I said. You should have said nothing. Trust me I was not waiting on pins and needles for her to get PG. And I respect someones right to say nothing. I hate liers!

Thats too bad you aunt lies too. I guess it is for attention. Now I wont be able to belive anything that come out of the moron's mouth.

CYnthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-22-2009 - 9:14am

Barnbum

Thanks I would have use call display and screened calls from her. I screen my calls and wont be picking up for her. I dont want to hear it!

Cynthia

Pages