Wish I had known more about medroxypr.

iVillage Member
Wish I had known more about medroxypr.
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 9:01am

My RE put me on medroxyprogesterone acetate 10 mg/10 days.  Which I started about 2 weeks after my surgery.  Most things I've read say to start it on day 16 or 21, if I'm counting my days right I started it on day 19.  I'm on it for abhormal bleeding.  Dr. thinks that my heavy/long cycles may not be caused by the fibroids.  I wish I would known that my next cycle may not start for a week or more after the last pill.  Of course I find this info after taking almost all the pills (I had 1 or 2 left).  I debated if I should take them all or not, which I did.  Maybe I should have skipped that last couple of days.  To try to get the withdrawl bleed sooner.  My luck it wouldn't have happened.  No where on the info paper that was given to me does it say that AF would be delayed.  It just says You may experiece absence of menstruatio or irregular cycles.  To me delayed and absence/irregular different things.  I read about the delay online, every it says that AF should arrive 3-7 days after the last pill, sometimes more.  For me AF is fairly regular, so I was expecting it this week.  Plus I had many of my pms symptoms about a week or so ago, which is also normal for me.  Oh yeah those are some symptoms from taking the pills.    

The downer in all of this is that  DH and I are going on vacay in a week so it looks like AF will be with us the entire time.  I just hope that it's not too bad, but I doubt it.  In the past anytime I've been on any meds for my cycles, be it bcp or another type of progestin my cycles were just as bad as before I took the pills.  Plus they were very unpredicatable.  I also took those continously for a few months, then off for a week to have the withdrawl bleed.  This time I'm only taking it for 1 cycle. 

Dee

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-24-2009 - 11:39am
Ergh! Frustrating. I hope AF doesn't ruin your vacation.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sat, 05-02-2009 - 5:48pm
Enjoy your Vacation. Hoping AF is behaving.
Photobucket

Photobucket