IUI #1

iVillage Member
IUI #1
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 5:05pm

Well IUI #1 didn't work.  AF showed up in full force last night.  I'm upset, but not as much as I usually am.  I knew after we did the IUI that we only had a .5% chance it would work. 

We are taking a break.  I'm emotionally and physically exhausted.   I don't want to do this anymore.  Those of you that have been doing this for years, I applaud you.  I don't know how you do it! You are definitely stronger than I am! 

My husband and I are taking at least a month or two off, so I won't be around. It will be hard, but I don't want to think about what cycle day I'm on, when I'm going to ovulate, how many DPO I am, or wondering if I'm pregnant.  Plus we need to work on our marriage.  It has suffered from infertility.

I know I don't post much, but I always like to see how everyone is doing.  I hope there are lots of BFPs while I'm gone.  You girls deserve it!!!

Take care,

Alicia

ttcPink or Bluettc blinkiefirefighter-1.gif Firefighter's wife blinkie image by lizandrobbie
ttc
iVillage Member
Fri, 06-12-2009 - 10:22pm

(((HUGS))) Alicia I am sorry you got a BFN.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 10:23am

I know the need for breaks. I just got back from a 3 month break after 4 failed IUI's. I'm still not full force yet. I guess I'm still holding out hope that a BFP will happen naturally. IF does take it's toll on a marrage. Go out and have many date nights, maybe a couple of drinks and who know's maybe you will get you BFP while your not ttc!

Good Luck!

Secondary Infertility Hurts
Secondary Infertility Hurts
iVillage Member
Sat, 06-13-2009 - 2:15pm
I'm sorry Alicia, sending hugs! I hope your break is relaxing and you and DH can get strong again. This is definitely tough on a relationship. Hope to see you back when you are ready to ttc again.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 2:01am

Alicia,
I'm so sorry for the BFN. I hope that a couple of months off will be just what you and your DH need to get back on the right track. Good luck!

~~~~

Me- 31, DH- 31; TTC #1 since Nov. '07; No known FI issues; DH has borderline/low motility
IUI #1 on Apr. 25--BFN; IUI #2 on May 22-- BFN
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Photobucket

Photobucket

ttc first

baby
happily married
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 9:11am
Sorry to hear about your BFN.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 1:00pm

(((Huggs))) Sorry about the BFN. I know how frustrating it is. We all do. Sometimes a break is good for the mind and spirt. Take all the time you need.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-15-2009 - 7:11pm
Alicia, So sorry that you got a BFN. I hope you get what you need out of your break and that you and DH can repair and rebuild. IF certainly can suck the life out of people and their relationships. ((BIG HUGS)) and we will see you when you get back.

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. Dx blocked tubes, PCOS, Factor V Leiden.

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-16-2009 - 4:19pm

Alicia,

I am very sorry ((((HUGS)))) the feeling of a BFN going through fertlilty I think is much harder than getting it naturally because we go through all these meds, early doc apps and everything else our homones are double emotional and exhusted when we are done. I just got my 3rd BFN last week and been TTC for over 5 yrs been in IVF for over a yr and in October I had to take a 2 month brake because I was right were you are "emotionally and physically exhausted" and for my marriage girl I was about to skip to Divorce court because it was taking us over and turned us into ppl we both didn't know and i THANK GOD each day that it was all a lesson and not the real thing. All relationships are different yes we might have similar situations but the feeling of a man and EACH man is different i had to console my dh because I was feeling it's all about me because i'm the one with issues his swimmers are fine but I was leaving him out he felt like a sperm donor and we were on scheduled bd and my moods were out of control. Well after long discussions (alot screaming) we had to sit down and REALLY talk about our issues and it wasn't easy I made him leave for 2 months everyday we were in contact and seen each other almost everyday too I was just sooo hurt I needed to find myself again and I had to change my thought process and INVOLVE him more so now I have him get meds to helping his swimmers in the cup. We as woman sometimes forget a man feeling because we are so use to them not showing it or so wrapped up in our own we forget and that causes ALOT of issues also. I wish you all the luck to better and help your relationship never mind it's a work in progress everyday to the norm forget adding fertlilty it's a hole new ball game.

Take some time we all need it at times and let us know how it's going. I'm no expert or councelor I just have great friends from good boards who give me advise and vise vera so I also share when I see ppl hurting.

Will send some prayers for you and dh

xoxox,

Michelle