Bleeding on Femara?

iVillage Member
Bleeding on Femara?
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:16am

Hi all,

I've got a call in to my doctor but was curious if anyone had experience with this.

My periods are really light, max 3 days and I can get away with a liner most days. That light. So I started femara on cd 3. Bleeding was completely gone that day. Then yesterday evening cd 4 I started bleeding like a normal AF and it has continued today. Like a real period which I haven't seen in months. Could this be from the femara? I'm perplexed.

Kelly

ttc#1, got bfp in April '08, missed miscarriage, 1st d&c June 6, 2nd d& for retained placenta accreta ;c Aug 1, hysteroscopy on Aug 20 punctured uterus & procedure stopped so placenta still attached, methotrexate on Aug 26th.  did the trick & placenta gone; Diagnosed with Asherman's Syndrome (uterine walls adhered together with scar tissue) on September 19th.  Hysteroscopy on December 18th, hoping that all scar tissue & adhesions are removed and I have a nice new uterus!   Second bfp on Feb 11, 2009.  Betas looked good but ultrasound showed no development.  M/C on March 13th at 8 weeks.  Waiting for betas to drop and start ttc again.  Currently back to TTC!  All recurrent loss testing came back good for DH and I.  No explanation. 

godgiveushealthybaby.gif image by DawnNJohn1020love husband blinkie

Nottooold.gifPhotobucket

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/1fcb51

Kelly

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:25am

Kelly, I have no idea.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:34am
Really? I didn't know they were large for cd 3. I had ones at 13 mm before at the beginning of the cycle.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 10:56am

13mm is very big for the beginning of the cycle.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 11:28am

You know I don't know! When you explain it that way, it doesn't make much sense. This cycle the biggest I had on cd 3 was 11 mm. I guess I'll just have to see what happens. Now I'm bummed that I won't be able to get a mid-cycle scan to see what's going on in there.

My nurse just called back and said not to worry with the bleeding. She said that any time you mess with your estrogen levels there is the potential for this kind of thing to happen. Just to be weary of excessive heavy bleeding.

Thanks for the info Lauren!

How are you doing? I've seen in some of your posts that you are ignoring 2 ww as much as possible. Are you still holding up?

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 11:58am

I'm doing pretty good in general.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 12:40pm

I've felt that way many times. Like there was a roadblock everywhere we turned. Do they know if they can open the list back up at some point?

I hope it does mean that you are going to get pg soon. Many times I've said, I just wish I had a crystal ball so we knew which path we should take. Hugs Lauren. That's a big letdown.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 12:57pm

It definitely is a letdown.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 1:52pm

I know October sounds like it is so far away, but you will get there. Shoot we went to our adoption open house last October and it seems just like yesterday. I hope they can open up the list at some point. It sounds just like it is here in the US. Most people want infants, therefore the wait is just longer.

Actually I hope you're pg now so this won't be a concern until later down the line for you.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 2:44pm

Actually, I hope that too.

iVillage Member
Thu, 06-18-2009 - 4:46pm

Well, let's hope they do mean something!

I've got everything crossed for you!

Kelly

Pages