DH was so angry!

iVillage Member
DH was so angry!
Mon, 08-03-2009 - 1:05pm

My SIL is PG and due end of October.

Ok so it all started 2 weeks ago when I got an email from my BIL asking me questions and giving me lists for my SIL's baby shower and in the email he says basically he is assuming I am organizing it with my MIL or I should tell him otherwise. Hummm no one asked me to do this, but I guess Ill help out, I mean how can I say no, Ill look terrible right. And there is no one else to to it with MIL. I told DH (well vented a bit) and he didnt have much to say about it.

So fast forward to last night at my MIL's for dinner. SIL and husband left after we ate. As soon as they were gone MIL came in the room and brought up the shower. I told her we should pick a date, she picks 2 days after DH's birthday. Basically on his Birthday weekend. I pointed this out and she says well we can still celebrate both. Come on! What your son is less important and your daughter? Anyway I convince her to change the date to the weekend after. All the time we are discussing infront of DH and FIL watching TV. Then we talk about theam, food, location. So we go look at some stuff she already bought. When we get back DH is up and yelling he wants to go home and he wasnts to go NOW. He was acting cranky and loud. Not like him at all. So we go.

We get into the car and he starts venting about me having to help. He doesnt think it fair that I have to help with all the problems we are having and he is really upset that no one asked me if I wanted to help. I didnt have the option. They all assumed I was helping. I am sure having it almost on his birthday and his moms attitude about it didnt help either. Also he vented about the email from my BIL.

The last shower I went to I cried in the bathroom and had a melt down after. He knows how hard it is for me and hes the one that cleans up the mess after I fall apart. So now DH is taking upon himself to keep me stress free. He my little deflector. 

So now DH wants to bring it up to BIL next week when they go golfing and tell him the situation is not fair to me. I told him he should just leave it alone but he really wants to talk to him. 

Should I try to stop him or let him do what he feel he needs to do? 

Thanks for letting me vent!

Cynthia

love husband blinkie  PhotobucketBaby Dust

DH 34 and me 36 We’ve been together 16 years married Sep 2004. TTC our first since Dec 2004.

Conceived using Provera and Clomid - MC April 03 2006

Conceived naturally surprise! - MC July 07 2008

Found out I have PCOS, MTHFR and Factor V Lieden so I will be a high risk pregnancy and have to inject myself every day with Fragmin.

God please just give me 1 healthy baby please!

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 08-04-2009 - 8:33am
Interesting, so your MIL realizes that it would be hard on your Mother but not you? And you are expected to help plan it??? Very odd.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 08-04-2009 - 8:56am

I know eh? She is emotionally odd.

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 8:54am

Hey Cynthia,

So sweet of DH to step in and take care of you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 1:18pm

Hi Terri

Your right. They are taking it for granted I will do it. And I will, I feel I have to. I hate feeling like my back is against the wall. But I expect the same from her one day when its my turn.

My BIL emailed me a bunch of phone #s for the invitees. I emailed him back (I had to do this twice) and insisted he get me addresses so we can mail out proper invitations. I think its more classy, plus I dont want to make 20 phone calls on the subject. I dont think its too much to ask.

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-05-2009 - 4:57pm

I am with you on the invites.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 08-06-2009 - 1:01pm

Wow 75 people! That must of been one big party! I think we will be 30 or 35 in all including the family and I thought that was enough.

Cynthia

Pages