IUI #1 = BFN

iVillage Member
IUI #1 = BFN
Tue, 08-18-2009 - 11:25am

I had a little spotting yesterday but it went away & this morning my temp actually went up from the day before so I was hopeful but the spotting is back again so I figure that AF will be here by Thurs right on schedule.

I'm thinking that the timing of the IUI wasn't as ideal as I first thought.

The morning of the IUI my temp indicated that I already O'd.

I had the trigger at the doctors office at 5 pm on Tues so I should have O'd on Thurs at 5am (36 hrs later). I take my temp at 5:30 am everday & I don't think my temp would have shown that I O'd just half an hour after it happened. I think I might have O'd 24 hours after the shot. Is that possible?

An egg is only viable for 12 to 24 hours & I have read that age plays a part in how long it is viable for. So due to my age (almost 37) I assume that I am on the 12 hour end.

My IUI was at 9 am which was 40 hours after trigger. But If I O'd the night before at say 5 or 6 pm on Wed then the IUI was a waste of time.

The things I want to discuss with my doctor are:

The dosage of the trigger- maybe it wasn't strong enough & I O'd on my own.

The timing of the IUI - If the trigger did work maybe 40 hours past the trigger was too late but this has to the timing of the shot.

The timing of the shot - Most people I have talked to do a trigger between 8 & 10 pm. My doctors office wanted to do the shot hence the reason I had it at 5pm. But if that is how they do things & won't let me do it myself then I am going to have a huge issue with that. I don't know for certain that is the case but that is probably the biggest concern I have before we start IUI #2.

Sorry this is so long I am just so upset that we have to do this all over again so I am rambing a bit.

If you have gotten this far thanks for reading:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: naznh
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:03pm
Nat, I'm sorry you're feeling like you're in limbo now either waiting for AF or a bfp.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 1:13pm

Nat

I am crossing my fingers for you!

Cynthia

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 11:39am
((HUGS))
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 11:34am

Wendy that is a great tip. I will definitely try it.

Hopefully your temp drop is an implantation dip.

I know what you mean about the body signs. I was feeling really good about this cycle mainly because I had cramping about a week ago & I was hoping it was from the egg implanting.

This 2ww has been torture. I just wish that

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 11:31am
So 17 plu s12 gives you 32 hours after injection as your shortest window... could be close.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 10:59am

Nat,

giving yourself the shot isn't hard at all.

little trick I learned. Put baby oralgel on the spot your going to to the shot.. Wait 10 minutes.. Clean that area off.. Then do the shot.. oral gel numbs it and you won't feel anything..

I have my fingers crossed for you too.

I'm at 10dpo today and my temp dropped alittle. The AF witch is due this weekend..

I feel pregnant.. but I just can't let myself rely on my body signs since they have been so wrong already.

I hope for you that it's not AF showing her signs..

Wendy 39yrs ~~ Kevin 43yrs
Joshua 5 1/2 yrs

*TTC since Jan.09...Diagnosis is PCOS
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 9:02am

The spotting is still light but not as light as yesterday.

My temp is still up & my bbs are still sore.

If

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:53am

I hope I'm wrong too. I have never wanted to be more wrong:)

Thanks Stephany!

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:51am

Cynthia,

I don't think me giving myself the shot will be an issue at least I hope it won't.

My IUI was on 8/6. I didn't POAS yet because usually when I have spotting then my temp drops & AF shows. I am still spotting today but my temp is still

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 08-19-2009 - 8:48am
that's kind of what I was chalking my first one up to as well, experience! Any more signs of AF? AF STAY AWAY!

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/

Pages