AF arrived... news

iVillage Member
AF arrived... news
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 9:39am

Well, The witch showed up at 4am this morning. Not a really fun way to wake up.

Dh and I talked last night. We are going to go another cycle. We had concerns though, because this cycle is going to be a IUI cycle.

Our first concern was. Since I started AF today my IUI will fall on Labor Day weekend. The concern was that the wouldn't be open.

Well I called this morning to let them know that AF started. Then asked about the IUI. She said they will be there that weekend. They are only closed 3 days a year. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. SO that was a relief.

Our second concern is that DH's sperm is the problem. The nurse said. WIth doing the IUI they will know the count and all when they wash his sperm. And if it looks low we have the option not to do the IUI but she said she would recommend we do it if that would be the case. Just because it only takes one. :o)

So I go in on Monday for my baseline US and blood work. And will start the clomid on Tuesday. Then a midcycle and the trigger shot .. Which if it goes like the last two will be around Sept 4th. and IUI either Saturday the 5th if it shows i am going to surge on my own or if I trigger it will be Sunday morning the 6th.

So, I am looking and thinking on the positive side of this that by the end of May 2010 we will have a new little one.. Even though it will be born close to my sons birthday. He is okay with that.. ;O)

Wendy 39yrs ~~ Kevin 43yrs
Joshua 5 1/2 yrs

*TTC since Jan.09...Diagnosis is PCOS
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 9:44am

Hi Wendy,

I'm glad you and DH came up with a plan that you both feel good about! I love the positive thinking, I'm trying really hard to do the same this cycle.

Good luck!

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 11:09am

Wendy,

I agree that is not a fun way to wake:(

Sounds like you have a good plan.

Has your

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 11:23am
Hey Wendy!

Melissa

About me ~ Me - 31, DH- 31, DH and I have been together since April 1

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-21-2009 - 2:46pm
Wendy, I'm glad to hear you and DH were able to talk and come up with a game plan moving forward.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 08-23-2009 - 10:03am
Oh Wendy...Sorry the old Hag made her appearance.

Photobucket