Birth Control Pills for pregnancy?

iVillage Member
Birth Control Pills for pregnancy?
Fri, 08-28-2009 - 8:08am

A little background: I am on CD 13 (dx:PCOS)
Well, I just got off the phone with the nurse and was told I am suppose to take a whole pac of birth control pills! She said my lh was high, which I thought was good, but then she said no, I need to take bcp. I had four follies measured today on the u/s that had grown since last time, but weren't at O size yet,...I only heard of someone getting bcp for ttc when they had a cyst, I don't have any cysts. I asked if I could just take Provera again like last time and she said if I took that I wouldn't have a period which doesn't make any sense to me because I had a period the last unmedicated cycle I took it. I can't believe I'm taking bcp again! I guess it is only for one cycle but oh man it kills me!
At least she made me feel better saying she knows it sounds crazy to take bcp when trying to get pregnant but to please trust them and to come in on the 3rd day of my next cycle...
So I guess I am on a forced break from the RE for a month or so.
I will be checking back in though, guess this takes the pressure off having to meet dh for timed bd, and he will be home September 12th.

Anyone else have to take bcp for a month-I'd really appreciate it if anyone understands what this does and why it is needed etc. I already to the first one to get it over with, but in the back my mind I am thinking, what if I didn't take them how do they know I wouldn't O on my own and possibly conceive?
Thanks for the support!
~Sally

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 09-03-2009 - 5:30pm
Oh I hate myself on BCPs that is why I refuse to take them.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 08-31-2009 - 9:30am

Sally,

I'm glad you got an answer, it does make you scratch your head and wonder what for???

I hope the emotions even out, I hate those hormone-induced swings. Especially since DH is gone!

Sending many many hugs!

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Mon, 08-31-2009 - 6:57am
Well, he only measured 4, but there were tons in there, even more so than other u/s I have had even though I have PCOS, but really the nurse told me it was because my lh was high after the results of my b/w. All I know is that I am on day 4 of bcp, and am an emotional wreck! I am crying a lot and I can't remember the last time I cried before I started taking them, and dh is gone, so he has to hear me crying on the phone-great...I can't wait to be done with those pills!
~Sally
iVillage Member
Sun, 08-30-2009 - 9:44am

HI Sally,

I suppose this could be true. How many follies did you have growing? Just curious.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 08-29-2009 - 5:55am

Thanks for the replies, I was on fertility ties and got some more answers. From what some people said I think that my ovaries were hyperstimulated so they want me to do a pac of bcp to calm my ovaries and also to prevent a cyst in the process.

Terri-Best of luck with your bd and O! I'm sorry we aren't cycle buddies too, but hope you get your BFP!
~Sally

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-28-2009 - 4:56pm

Sally,

I have never dealt with this but just wanted to say I am sorry that this is happening to you. I have only heard of women who are ttc taking bcp for a cyst. Please

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-28-2009 - 11:32am

Hey Sally,

I have taken BCP but for resolving a cyst.

Photobucket