IUI # 1 Cancelled

iVillage Member
IUI # 1 Cancelled
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 12:12pm

I am so frustrated, angry, sad, upset, disappointed.....I think that about covers it.

I went in for my cycle day three ultrasound yesterday and I have a 3.2 cm cyst on my left ovary so they have cancelled my IUI for this month.  They want to recheck it next month and see what it looks like and then go from there.  So best case we can do IUI next month, worse case I will have surgery and it will be at least two months before we are able to get going.

I know everyone has been through these feelings but I just have to vent.  I don't understand why everything has to be so difficult.  DH and I were finally feeling positive and ready for the next step and now there is just another road block stopping us from achieving our dreams.  Why does this have to happen, I just don't understand?

Sorry for the vent!

Amanda

Me - 26, DH- 32, DH and I have been together since January 2003, happily married since September 2007, furparents to three crazy dogs, and TTC our first for over 1 year.  Diagnosed with MFI, low morphology.  Currently getting ready to start our first round of IUI in September.

PhotobucketSiggy

Me - 26, DH- 32, DH and I have been together since January 2003, happily married since September 2007, TTC our first for over 1 year.  Dx with MFI, low morphology.  Currently getting ready to start our first round of

Pages

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 12:24pm

Vent away! That's what we're here for.

I am so so sorry, that just plain bites the big one. Setbacks are just so amazingly frustrating in this process. Are you having to take bcp's to resolve the cyst?

I'm praying it goes away very quickly and you and DH are back in the game asap!

*************MANY HUGS coming your way********

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 12:26pm

Hi Amanda,

(((((HUGS)))))..I think getting the BFN and cancelled procedure lines up with the same heartbreak and disappointment..Very Sorry!!!

Similar story..My second failed IUI I was taking injections Gonal-F and when I went to my u/s they found a cyst it was close to 5cm but they didn't seem to think anything bad because it was empty so they kept me moving right along..I wasn't producing any more follies so they upped my dosage.. well for 3weeks I was injecting and every other day I was going for b/w and u/s FINALLY the cyst started collapsing

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 12:31pm

Oh, I'm so sorry Amanda.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:13pm

Amanda,

I am so sorry. Big (((hugs)) to you.

Don't apologize for venting that is why we are here, to support each other on this crazy rollercoaster ride is IF.

I hope that cyst goes away super fast and you can be on your way to a BFP!

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:31pm

Thank you Kelly!

My doctor is out today and is supposed to call me tomorrow to let me know what our plan is.

Me - 26, DH- 32, DH and I have been together since January 2003, happily married since September 2007, TTC our first for over 1 year.  Dx with MFI, low morphology.  Currently getting ready to start our first round of

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:34pm

Thank you Michelle!

I am glad that I did not go through more of the cycle only to be disappointed later, but I still wish that just once things could go as planned!

They said the cyst is fluid filled and if it does not go away or shrink by next month my RE will most likely drain it, yuck!

Thank you again for your support!

Me - 26, DH- 32, DH and I have been together since January 2003, happily married since September 2007, furparents to three crazy dogs, and TTC our first for over 1 year.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:35pm
Thank you so much Grace!

Me - 26, DH- 32, DH and I have been together since January 2003, happily married since September 2007, furparents to three crazy dogs, and TTC our first for over 1 year.

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 1:36pm

Thank you Nat!

Good luck on your IUI today!!!!

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 2:07pm

I really hope it subsides and draines itself and FAST...have you had cyst in the past? If you really start having serious pain you need to go to the hospital fast sometimes they can burst and that is very painful and if it's not and is growing fast with pain then yes they will have to drain but I am praying yours just drains easy and off to another crazy month of IF.

I know it's still a hard blow it really is but don't get too down I have read it can still happen (BFP) with a cyst:)

Hugs,

Michelle

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-01-2009 - 2:17pm
I had an ultrasound in February that showed a smaller cyst on my left ovary.

Pages