Really need a miracle, a hug might do

iVillage Member
Really need a miracle, a hug might do
Wed, 09-02-2009 - 8:40pm

I feel like I am really spiraling. I'm almost finished with my 2ww. I will test on Friday (blood test#, but I've already taken the POAS tests. I am embarrassed to admit how many. I had a egg donor transfer last Saturday. At first, I felt so bouncy and full of life. I was sure it was working / would work. Now, I don't feel confident at all and the test this morning was BFN.

I have had tears in my eyes all day. I said mean things to my DH... even blamed him that we waited so long to start trying. I told my Mom that if I don't have a baby I have no life -- that I can't live the way I have been feeling so empty. On top of infertility disappointment, I have severe endo that is so painful. I also have interstitial cystitis. So, I live in chronic pain. My doc talked to me about a hysterectomy, but I've held off waiting a baby. I've had three surgeries for my endo in less than 4 years.

For two years, most of my life has been spent doing very little. I rarely see my friends or go out. I work from a home office. I typically don't feel well enough to do much of anything and on top of the physical pain, of course I go into these cycles of depression.

I have been saying that as soon as I have a baby, I can have the hysterectomy and will feel better. BUT if this donor cycle doesn't work, we have 4 embies frozen. If that doesn't work, will we call it quits? How can I do that? How can I give up on my dream of a family? Yet how can I continue to live in this pain and keep trying? I'm running low on time, money, and optimism.

I sound so down and bitter. I hate being this way.

Almost everyone I know has a child and it has been so easy for them. Like snapping fingers or turning on a remote.

How can I lead a fuller life while trying? How can I lead a full life is I can't become a Mom? #DH will not adopt... it's something we agreed to years ago).  How can I keep my wits about me?

I feel broken.

Thanks for listening.

Has anyone gotten a negative pee test and then had a positive blood test? Does that ever happen?

Thanks for welcoming me here,

Elle

With my husband since 2000. TTC since 2004. I have endo and have had 3 laps. Also have IC. One miscarriage in 2008. Completed egg donor transfer in 8-09 and waiting for results. Holding breath!

I joined this board to find more people like me, to bond, to grow, to learn, and to share.

With my husband since 2000. TTC since 2004. I have endo and have had 3 laps. Also have IC. One miscarriage in 2008. Completed fresh egg donor transfer in 8-09 and it didn't work. Had a second transfer with frozen embies week of 9-20. I joined this boar

Pages

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 4:42am

big ((((HUGS)))) for you Elle

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 10:14am

Just an update. My first donor egg transfer (fresh) didn't work. I was so disappointed. I go this week to see if I am ready to a frozen transfer. It's our last shot with this donor. If it doesn't work, we have to either select another donor and do the whole process again, do IVF with my eggs (low chace of success), or think of options such as adoption, foster parenting, or accepting our life as is.

Scary times. I guess I always thought the fresh cycle would work. All I can do is pray and hope.

Thanks for the support.

Elle

With my husband since 2000. TTC since 2004. I have endo and have had 3 laps. Also have IC. One miscarriage in 2008. Completed egg donor transfer in 8-09 and waiting for results. Holding breath!

I joined this board to find more people like me, to bond, to grow, to learn, and to share.

With my husband since 2000. TTC since 2004. I have endo and have had 3 laps. Also have IC. One miscarriage in 2008. Completed fresh egg donor transfer in 8-09 and it didn't work. Had a second transfer with frozen embies week of 9-20. I joined this boar

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 3:59pm
Elle, I'm sorry to hear your fresh DE cycle did not work.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 5:47pm

Thanks so much. I feel like there is so much riding on the FET. If I am

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-13-2009 - 6:07pm
I'm so sorry to hear you are having to live with so much pain and that there is a big conflict between the two things you want most.

Photobucket

Pages