A BIG Thanks

iVillage Member
A BIG Thanks
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 3:30pm

Thank you all so SO much for your super sweet words to me after the cancellation of our IVF cycle.  Your heartfelt words made me cry because I know that you all understand.   I’m amazed as always at the outpouring of love and support from all of you.  I’m truly thankful for each one of you and this board.  All of your thoughts, prayers and hugs are so appreciated.  It’s amazing what your words and a virtual hug can do!  It’s nice to have a big hand outstretched to help stand again.  You all are truly wonderful ladies.  Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

On Thursday, I started taking Norethindrone twice a day to end the cycle.  I’ll take it a total of 10 days and the med info says to expect AF 3-7 days after stopping the medication.  So, I’m crossing my fingers tightly that I won’t have any cysts remaining when I go in for an u/s after AF shows.   Physically, I’m still feeling uncomfortable.   My ovaries and back feel achy and I haven’t been sleeping well because it’s hard to find a comfortable position.   Each day it seems to get a bit better though.  Hopefully my ovaries will go back to normal soon and the discomfort will pass.   

I’ve been pondering future start dates and plugging away at my calendar. :) So, I take that as a good sign.  Of course it will all depend on when AF shows and if I have any cysts remaining, but it’s nice to try to look ahead and give myself something to look forward to.  Thankfully it’s nice to have that to keep us going and help ease the disappointment some.  I figure if AF comes as expected and I don’t have any cysts, I could possibly have another shot at ER in mid-November. 

DH surprised me with a mini-vacation to the beach!  We’re leaving tomorrow and will be gone for a few days.  (One good thing about the guy I work with is that I as long as I gave advanced notice I can take however many days off I want).  So, since I already took the days off for ER/ET and there’s no point going back into work since I don’t have patients scheduled, DH figured a little trip away would do us well.  I can’t disagree!   I wasn’t too excited when he first told me, but started getting excited thinking about packing and just relaxing.  Even though I agree with DH that we would much rather be going in for the ET instead, DH thought it would be nice for me to feel some freedom from the timed shots and set appts and have time to relax.  I know it won’t make us forget the disappointment, but hopefully it will help us to regroup and feel more at peace.

I don’t know if I will be able to check in here or not while we’re gone.  So, I wanted to post and let you all know that I’m gathering up lots of well wishes to send to each of you.  I know there are quite a few upcoming appts and a few 2ww’s, so know that I’m cheering you on.  I hope I see nothing but good news on the board!!  Thinking of you all…

And, thank you all again very much for your support and understanding.  It truly helped me a lot!

Me (29), DH (30)  Photobucketsince March 2006.
4/07 & 5/07 & 6/07: Clomid 50mg - All BFN
7/07: 1st RE appt
8/07 & 9/07: IUI #1 & #2 with Femara - Both BFN
10/07: IUI #3 with Femara - BFP!, m/c @7w3d (a girl) 
3/08: IUI #4 with Femara & Follistim - BFN
4/08: IUI #5 with Follistim, converted to IVF #1,10 eggs, 7 fertilized ICSI, 2 transferred - BFN
6/08: IUI #5 with Femara & Follistim - BFN
7/08 to 9/08: IVF #2,10 eggs, 5 fertilized ICSI, 3 fertilized std, 2 transferred - BFN
10/08: IUI #6 with Femara & Follistim - BFP!, betas went down :(
11/08: IUI #7 with Femara & Follistim - BFN
1/09: New RE appt
2/09 to 3/09: IVF #3,14 eggs, 8 of 10 eggs fertilized ICSI, day 5 ET of 2 blasts - BFP!, betas went down :( 
DH's chromosome testing abnormal, moving forward with DS IVF instead of PGD. 
8/09 to 9/09: IVF #4, chose to cancel due to drop in estrogen after 10 days of stims

Where we are now: Taking Norethindrone to induce AF after cancellation of IVF before ER.

Photobucket
Photobucket   
Photobucket     Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket

iVillage Member
In reply to: grace1107
Sun, 09-20-2009 - 4:20pm

Grace, have a great time, I know it won't take away the pain and disappointment but I hope it helps you to forget for a little while. One thing is for sure, you have a wonderful DH for planning a getaway for you both!

I'm glad that you are looking forward to your next cycle. I hope for a fast AF and no cysts!

Kelly

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 9:02am
Oh Grace I am so sorry to hear this news.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 10:05am

Gace,

I'm sorry I missed other posts about your cycle but wanted to let

Me-30, DH newly 34, diagnosed with PCOS in Nov/Dec 2008. 3 Failed cycles of Clomid. (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) Started working with RE Nov 26. Asked for & started M

iVillage Member
Wed, 09-23-2009 - 9:54am

Hi Grace,

Hopefully you are on a sunny beach right now, sipping a cold drink (with or without alcohol) and having a good time.

It made me smile to see that you are already plugging away and figuring out dates in your calendar. Hopefully all the follies will disappear and no cysts will be present when you are ready to start again.

Angela

Me 32, C 34. Toge

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-29-2009 - 7:36pm

Thank you everyone!

Photobucket