Why did I think this might acually work?

iVillage Member
Why did I think this might acually work?
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 9:26am

URGH, just got in from my u/s and b/w this morning and things aren't looking good. I am basically not responding to the stims. I am on day 8 of stims and only have 6 follies, one of which is over 10. It is looking like my IVF cycle is going to get canceled. The nurse said they would wait to get my b/w results and discuss it this afternoon with the RE and let me know what to do. She said we could possibly convert this cycle to an IUI.

I asked her if it was looking like ovarian failure and she agreed that it was.

I am beyond depressed. I can't believe I let myself think this would actually work. I let my guard down and got all excited at the prospect of getting pg and having a healthy baby. It's obvious that it is just not in the cards for me. There has been one obstacle after another, when I am just going to let myself give up? DH asked me what I wanted to do, donor eggs? adopt? And I just can't even think about it right now. I'm numb.

Kelly

I'm 37, DH is 41 and we are TTC #1. We've had 2 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

IUI #1 = BFN

IUI #2 (Aug 09) = BFN

On to IVF - stims start Sept 14th! 

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 2:07pm
I'm sorry Kelly ((HUGS))
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 2:56pm
I'm so sorry kelly.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 3:06pm
(((HUGS))) Kelly, I'm so sorry.

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 3:57pm

Hi Grace,

Hope you're enjoying your trip. It is like a monsoon season in Atlanta lately, I'd give anything to be somewhere sunny.

If you get a chance I'd be interested to hear your take on my E2 level today. It went from 62 to 160 in 2 days. This still sounds pitifully low to me but they said to go ahead and continue my stims tonight and tomorrow night and come in on Wednesday. I guess we will make a decision then. I made sure to ask for an appt time where I could talk to my regular RE. He always tells it to me straight.

Don't feel like you need to respond if you want to forget about all things ttc while on your trip! I don't blame you one bit.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Mon, 09-21-2009 - 6:58pm

I'm really sorry to hear this, Kelly. I would speak to your doctor, not just the nurse, and get a comprehensive diagnosis. Nurses should not be concluding anything in place of the doctor. I totally understand how you feel and I am here for you. This is super hard. Big gigantic ((((((((((HUGS))))))))))).

Caro

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 5:03am
Kelly, I'm so sorry to hear that! It makes complete sense to be feeling the way you are now getting that crushing news when IVF was looking so promising. I hope they are able to convert it to an IUI cycle and maybe that will be just what was suppose to happen. I know it is hard to keep the hope alive with all the hard work and no pay off, that is what people keep telling me that this is why it is called a miracle, I hope this will still turn out to be a miracle cycle for you!
Hugs,
Sally
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 9:36am

Oh Kelly I am so sorry to hear this news.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 10:01am

Thanks everyone for your well wishes! My RE wanted me to keep up the meds for 2 more days and go in tomorrow morning to see if things have progressed any further. If not I guess we will determine what to do next. Now that I've had time to process, that little nagging bit of hope is creeping back in. There is still some hope with IUI. And then we can look into changing our plan to DE if there isn't a better protocol they can suggest. I am already on their most aggressive protocol and max dosages of meds so not really sure what.

One day at a time is all I do right now!

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 11:39am

Kelly, I am so sad to see this update.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Tue, 09-22-2009 - 11:49am

Kelly,

Oh, I'm so sorry your body is responding like it should.

Me: 39, DH: 43

TTC for 5 years . 1 Ectopic PG at 8 wee