First time posting

iVillage Member
First time posting
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 11:07am

Hello,

I thought I'd post here in hopes of some support. My DH and I have been TTC for over 1 year now with 2 miscarriages. I have a couple of supportive friends, but they really don't get it as they both don't want kids... and in truth I was once like them. I have not told many people that we are TTC because when I do I usually get.. "just relax, it will happen" or "you're too stressed about it" usually from people who got pregnant on their 1st or second try.. or my favorite, "the oops baby" However this has led me into thinking... have I really been stressed about it.. I was sure at the beginning I was not.

Just got my AF yesterday after 11 days of 2 stripes from the ovulation kit.. and I'm feeling pretty lousy. So thanks for listening.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 11:23am

So sorry for your losses and all you're going through!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 12:18pm

Hello and welcome!

So sorry for your losses. I agree with Lindsay, ignore those stupid comments from people as much as you can. I get those, not as much as before, but still from people who really believe that relaxing is what gets you pregnant... just ridiculous.

Sorry AF showed today after a confusing cycle. Are you working with an RE?

Glad you found us and I hope you stick around, this board is full of support and has helped me through terrible times and the good times!

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 1:19pm

Lilly welcome to the board.

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 4:51pm

I am so sorry for your losses.

If I had a dollar for everytime I heard "relax it will happen" I could retire today:)

Don't even get me started on the oops baby, I know too many of those, GRRR!!!

You have found a great place for support here. I would have gone crazy or driven my DH there if it were not for this board, LOL!!

Welcome:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-13-2009 - 7:21pm

Sorry to hear about your losses (((hugs))). You're in the right place for understanding and support. And not only have I been relaxing waiting for my baby to "just happen" i'm relaxing waiting for my bank account to just fill up too...lol

Lori

Lori

DH and I are 33yrs old. TTC #1 since May08| July09- Dx POF|  Aug09- started Premarin, Metformin, and Lupron

iVillage Member
Wed, 10-14-2009 - 11:15am

Thank you ladies for your kind words. You don't know how much your support means to me. I'm that person where all my friends come to for advice and I guess it just doesn't work both ways sometimes. I'm also in the education sector and find that a lot of parents come to me for advice as well. So it is nice to have a support network.

I have to go back to see my OB/GYN who told me 4 months ago after a series of blood work that everything looks fine and to keep trying. but of course nothing.. I don't even know what the next steps are and where to go from here. HOwever I'm gonna make an appointment and see what happens.

Thanks again!

iVillage Member
Thu, 10-15-2009 - 12:20pm

Hi lady_lillywater,

Welcome to the board,

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 7:43pm

lilywater,

I heard that "relax it will happen" cra@ for 8 LONG years, I was ready to box people's ears that would tell me that.

iVillage Member
Sun, 10-18-2009 - 8:30pm

If I hear "just relax", "what you need is a vacation", or "it'll happen in God's time"

Photobucket