A tough month

iVillage Member
A tough month
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 1:42pm

Hello,

Is this a tough month or what? I've had 1 friend just give a Pg announcement (second child) over the weekend. One just gave birth today to their second and another friend due in 2 weeks with their second as well. Also have a baby shower to attend for a relative at the end of the month. To top it all off my birthday.. which used to be happy day, but now just reminds me that I'm getting older and running out of time. I'm sure many others have had months like this.

Still holding it together but...

Any suggestions on what to do to get through this month?

Lil

iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 2:24pm

Hugs Lil,

I would suggest skipping the baby shower if at all possible. Those are just the hardest. And if you can bail out of hospital visits I'd suggest that too. I know it's hard but really you shouldn't have to put yourself through that and your friends should understand.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 10-20-2009 - 2:34pm

Lil,

I agree with Kelly. You should skip the baby showers if you can. Your friends should understand if they know what you are going thru.

The birthday is a thing that hits home for me because I will be 37 in a few weeks.

As far as getting thru the month just try to focus on the the good things in your life and try to remind yourself that you are doing everything you can to get to that BFP.

I hope you get yours very soon.

Big (((hugs)))

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Fri, 10-23-2009 - 1:26pm

Thanks for the support.

I'm going to try to avoid the hospital visits. I'm trying to see if I can get out of the shower as well... that is a tough one as it is a close family member.

Thanks again,

-Lil