2 Yrs TTC and a BFN... Again

iVillage Member
2 Yrs TTC and a BFN... Again
Mon, 11-02-2009 - 10:11pm

Well, IUI number six was a bust. I can't believe that not one of the 50 million swimmers could hit one of my three eggs. I mean, it seems like there should be pretty good odds, right?!?! I know the doctor said it only increased our odds by 2-3% (from 10% up to 12-13%), but I guess I still had a lot of hope. I know this IUI was timed correctly and I know others were not, so I thought that might give us more of a chance.

What makes this so much worse is that this month marks the two year anniversary of TTC. I NEVER thought it would take this long. In fact, I thought we'd be thinking about number two right now. Sometimes it feels like this will never happen. I don't know what to do... we can't do IVF until the spring. DH and I agreed to exhaust all other options before we did IVF. So, we'll probably be looking at that in the spring and continue doing injectables until then. I have an appointment on Wednesday to get this cycle started.

This week is not going to be fun. Saturday I'm supposed to have a girls' night. We get together every few months with just the girls. Only now everyone has babies. Two girls will be bringing their newborns and the others are bringing infants. It is literally all they talk about. I'm not sure where I fit in anymore. Maybe I'll play sick. =)

Anyway, thanks for "listening."

~~~~~~

Photobucket

Me- 31, DH- 31; TTC #1 since Nov. '07; No known FI issues; DH has borderline/low motility
IUI #1 on Apr. 25--BFN; IUI #2 on May 22-- BFN; IUI#3 on June 19--BFN; IUI#4 on July 17--BFN; IUI#5 on Aug. 12--BFN; IUI#6 (clomid/menopur combo, 3 follicles) on October 20-- BF?

Photobucket

Photobucket

ttc first

baby
happily married
iVillage Member
Wed, 11-04-2009 - 10:17am

Stephany big (((HUGS))) to you.

I empathize with you as I just hit my 1 year mark of TTC the other day.

I am so sorry that this cycle was a bust.

I don't blame you for wanting to play sick for that girls night.

I hope everything

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 11:22pm
Hi Stephany...sorry about

Lori

DH and I are 33yrs old. TTC #1 since May08| July09- Dx POF|  Aug09- started Premarin, Metformin, and Lupron

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 7:11pm

Oh Stephany, I’m sorry about the

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 12:18pm

Stephany, (((((BIG HUGS)))))

There are no words that will make you feel better or more optimistic or more anything, I know...

But, I do know for myself, when my girls nights started turning into babies nights, I opted out.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Tue, 11-03-2009 - 9:35am

Hugs Stephany!

You know my "girls nights" have turned into the same thing, when we started none of us had kids now I am the only one who doesn't. Many times I've gone and come home so miserable my DH asked me why I keep going. And honestly I think I am going to quietly stop attending, there is no reason to put yourself through that if it isn't any fun. I'd rather take the night and go treat myself to a pedicure or something. Even if I am still pg for the next GNO i don't think I'll go, I'm tired of listening to them talk about their kids.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Mon, 11-02-2009 - 10:49pm
I'm so sorry, Stephany! :-(
Photobucket