I have a problem with the # 35.

iVillage Member
I have a problem with the # 35.
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 8:40am

DH turned 35 today.  Which means in 5 months to the day I will be 35.  Turning 30 never bothered me why the heck would 35.... Duh its the number doctors throw out there as the end of your fertile reproductive life.  Which translates to you are now OLD. Now I know that there is no switch that just turns off your system when you turn 35 and that many women have children even in their 40s. But I am freaking out! 

So I will be turning 35 and On top of the stress from work... I feel I just need to suck it up buttercup and move on with my life.  But I just can't.  We can't.  We want to be parents and we would be great parents.  I still don't understand why this is happening to us.  I am convinced it is not in Gods plan.  He is a compassionate God and would not torture good people like this. 

Anyway that is my rant for the morning.  I miss you all dearly.  In a few days I will be on forced vacay.  Yes I have worked so hard this year I haven't used but a 2 days of vacation- now I am forced to take 5 days or lose it.  I can't wait!  Although next years plate is just as full already.  Anyway I hope that I will be able to catch up with a few of you while I am on vacay and meet the newbies that have joined while I am making the most of your tax dollars. Have a great rest of the week! 

Elephantbabydust.gif picture by 1231_photos Elephantbabydust.gif picture by 1231_photos  Elephantbabydust.gif picture by 1231_photos  

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketcystsPhotobucket

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows" - Helen Keller

DH (34) and me (33).  Been together since March 1994, Married in September 1999.  TTC since November 2001. 

DX:  Graves Disease->hypothyroidism and functional ovarian cysts or unexplained ovarian dystfunction.  BW: CD3 FSH 9.8, LH 3.4, estradial <10.  CD21 Progesterone: 9.9.  DH DX:  can seed an army.  Last SA was 70mil/mL with 60% motility.

In the Past Rx: Femara/ovidrel/IUI, Acupuncture, TCM fertility diet and Reiki.
Suppliments: prenatals, EPO (CD1-->O) , baby asprin (CD21--->), fish oil, B complex, Vitamin D

Currently: Good Ole Fashioned Lovin and Praryers lots of prayers.

Pages

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 11:19am
Hi Terri! Firstly I have missed you too! 2ndly I truly believe you and dh WILL be parents!! 3rdly- I'm glad you are starting to feel like 35 is just a number BC it is and that's all. 4- I think exploring a new RE is not a bad idea at all. New ideas might be just what you need! I say definitely look into it! I have always been confused as to why your IF journey has been so long.... I don't get it but good things come to good people and that is you!! So keep hanging on!!! I always think of you and send you lots of prayers and love!! I look forward to talking more while you are on break! I'm glad you will have a long break you deserve it. Kitty-
hink it will help! DH got great SA results. Started FEMARA (5mg, cd3-7)

Me-30, DH newly 34, diagnosed with PCOS in Nov/Dec 2008. 3 Failed cycles of Clomid. (50mg, 100mg, 150mg) Started working with RE Nov 26. Asked for & started M

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 4:35pm

LOL Kitty you crack me up!

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 4:42pm

You and me both.

iVillage Member
Fri, 12-18-2009 - 6:10pm

Terri,
I totally get it. DH will be 32 in January, and I follow in June. Ever since we started TTC, these birthdays have not been fun. And, I also feel this urgent need to accomplish having a baby before 35. However, both of my grandma's had babies in their 40's, so I definitely know it is possible and it gives me hope.

I just have such a strong feeling that you'll get to be a mom. Unfortunately, things rarely happen in our time and the schedule we want. I don't understand it, but I guess all we can do is stay the course.

How is everything going with you? Cyst free, I hope!

Take Care

~~~

Photobucket

Me- 31, DH- 31; TTC #1 since Nov. '07; No known FI issues; DH has borderline/low motility
IUI #1 on Apr. 25--BFN; IUI #2 on May 22-- BFN; IUI#3 on June 19--BFN; IUI#4 on July 17--BFN; IUI#5 on Aug. 12--BFN; IUI#6 (clomid/menopur combo, 3 follicles) on October 20-- BFN; November cycle canceled due to cyst; IUI#7 December 11 (menopur, possibly two follicles)

Photobucket

Photobucket

ttc first

baby
happily married
iVillage Member
Sun, 12-20-2009 - 12:45pm

HI Stephany!

Yes both my grandmothers had their last babies at 35 and 40 so it can be done.

iVillage Member
Sun, 12-20-2009 - 11:40pm

Yay for being cyst free! I had my first cyst last cycle, and it was not too much fun... and mine wasn't even that big-- 5cm I think. But, I definitely knew it was there before going in for the baseline US. Hopefully it will help you get your bfp soon!

AFM, I'll be testing on Christmas Eve... It could either be a fabulous idea and a real Christmas miracle, or a complete disaster! lol... Thanks for your well wishes!

~~~

Photobucket

Me- 31, DH- 31; TTC #1 since Nov. '07; No known FI issues; DH has borderline/low motility
IUI #1 on Apr. 25--BFN; IUI #2 on May 22-- BFN; IUI#3 on June 19--BFN; IUI#4 on July 17--BFN; IUI#5 on Aug. 12--BFN; IUI#6 (clomid/menopur combo, 3 follicles) on October 20-- BFN; November cycle canceled due to cyst; IUI#7 December 11 (menopur, possibly two follicles)

Photobucket

Photobucket

ttc first

baby
happily married
iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 7:17am

Ouch 5 cm is still enough to cause much discomfort.

iVillage Member
Mon, 12-21-2009 - 12:47pm

Hi there Terri,

I'm glad to hear there

Photobucket

Pages