I have a problem with the # 35.

iVillage Member
I have a problem with the # 35.
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 8:40am

DH turned 35 today.  Which means in 5 months to the day I will be 35.  Turning 30 never bothered me why the heck would 35.... Duh its the number doctors throw out there as the end of your fertile reproductive life.  Which translates to you are now OLD. Now I know that there is no switch that just turns off your system when you turn 35 and that many women have children even in their 40s. But I am freaking out! 

So I will be turning 35 and On top of the stress from work... I feel I just need to suck it up buttercup and move on with my life.  But I just can't.  We can't.  We want to be parents and we would be great parents.  I still don't understand why this is happening to us.  I am convinced it is not in Gods plan.  He is a compassionate God and would not torture good people like this. 

Anyway that is my rant for the morning.  I miss you all dearly.  In a few days I will be on forced vacay.  Yes I have worked so hard this year I haven't used but a 2 days of vacation- now I am forced to take 5 days or lose it.  I can't wait!  Although next years plate is just as full already.  Anyway I hope that I will be able to catch up with a few of you while I am on vacay and meet the newbies that have joined while I am making the most of your tax dollars. Have a great rest of the week! 

Elephantbabydust.gif picture by 1231_photos Elephantbabydust.gif picture by 1231_photos  Elephantbabydust.gif picture by 1231_photos  

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketcystsPhotobucket

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadows" - Helen Keller

DH (34) and me (33).  Been together since March 1994, Married in September 1999.  TTC since November 2001. 

DX:  Graves Disease->hypothyroidism and functional ovarian cysts or unexplained ovarian dystfunction.  BW: CD3 FSH 9.8, LH 3.4, estradial <10.  CD21 Progesterone: 9.9.  DH DX:  can seed an army.  Last SA was 70mil/mL with 60% motility.

In the Past Rx: Femara/ovidrel/IUI, Acupuncture, TCM fertility diet and Reiki.
Suppliments: prenatals, EPO (CD1-->O) , baby asprin (CD21--->), fish oil, B complex, Vitamin D

Currently: Good Ole Fashioned Lovin and Praryers lots of prayers.

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 9:04am

Terri,

I totally and completely understand your rant and why....I am also staring 35 in the face, coming in March.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 9:06am

Hi Terri,

I just turned 37 but that didn't bother me as

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 9:12am

For the record, 35 really sucked.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 9:52am

Ugh, 35 bothered me too, I'm sorry. But you know after talking to my RE about age (especially a lot lately) he said that it is not a sharp decrease in fertility magically at 35, just gradual. Now he did say that at 38 is the steep decrease typically (which I'm turning 38 in a few short days). So look at is as you have 3 years and 5 months until a drastic reduction. That is a long time.

Many many hugs! I know you and DH will be great parents some day. I truly hope it happens for you very soon!

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 3:26pm

Terri and everyone:

I gave birth at 35 to a beautiful healthy little girl. My friend Rose is giving birth in February at 40. My friend Rebecca had a perfect baby at 41. And another friend also named Teri had her gorgeous girl at 39. In New York City, it's very common for women to have their first child after 35 because it takes that long to get financially and professionally comfortable in this dog-eats-dog town. And the babies are pretty much always healthy and normal.

My new motto is: Life Begins at 35. Hope the same will hold true for you too.

Hang in there.

xoxo Caro

Mother to Natalie, born December 7, 2009 with help from Gonal-F injectibles after 20 months of TTC.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 5:44pm

Thanks Ladies,

It sucks that we have to fear the big 35 or now a new number to dread 38, but at least we are not alone.

I know logically that life doesn't end at 35, but never the less the number is out there and haunting me.

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-16-2009 - 6:50pm

A ((Big Hug)), Terri.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-17-2009 - 12:59am

Hi, Terri. It's good to hear from you. I may be weird but the actual turning 35 or even 40 never bothered me. What does bother me is the looks and "advice" I get when I tell people I am still trying to have a baby. I don't feel old at all.
I'm sorry AF showed up. I recently had the same problem I had last year, she went AWOL in Oct. But this time when I took the Provera it didn't take 2 months for her to show up. She came the next day after I took my last pill. I still have some hope that I can concieve naturally. If it doesn't, I hope that if DH gets a job on the rigs again I can hurry and do DE.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket