Why is this bothering me so much?

iVillage Member
Why is this bothering me so much?
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 9:25am

So I told you all about my BFF who is pg again (the one who made sure she told me that they tried for 4 months this time... awe poor thing) (also the one who started ttc when I did and is on her second successful pg)

Anywho, she posted some pics on Facebook and also sent out her Christmas pics and there were a few of her 15 month old daughter wearing a T-shirt that says "I have a secret" on the front and "I'm going to be a Big Sister" on the back. It has me so upset and frankly so jealous. I can't imagine being able to buy such a shirt or feeling confident enough to announce a pregnancy on facebook at 8 weeks. Honestly, I am having a really hard time being around her right now. I don't want to hear about her pg, it just really hurts. I know it is irrational and selfish of me but I just really wish I could avoid her and her perfect little life. She tries to complain to me about whatever and I just don't want to hear it. Like for instance, she is telling me last night how she is feeling fat because her clothes aren't fitting her. Um, no, you're not fat you're pg biotch, quit complaining!

okay, just needed to vent to people who understand. I can't tell DH this or he would think I was evil.

edited to say... I don't feel this way about any of the preggers here at all! I am overjoyed with the pg's here.

Kelly

I'm 37, DH is 41 and we are TTC #1. We've had 2 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

IUI #1 = BFN

IUI #2 (Aug 09) = BFN

On to IVF - stims start Sept 14th!  IVF Canceled:( converted to IUI...

BFP!!!
13dpo - 65
15dpo - 128
19dpo - 495
23dpo - 1987
...another miscarriage
Sad and trying to decide what steps to take next.

Edited 12/31/2009 9:27 am ET by cl-lookingformy1st

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 5:22pm
Thanks Nat. Sorry that your DH doesn't seem to get how we feel either. It sucks but it would suck even more if I didn't have this board... I'd really be lost.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 5:23pm
Suzi, it makes me feel better that you had the same feeling about your niece and that they went away. I am hoping that happens for me after some time.

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 5:25pm
Thanks Caro! Your post made me tear up a little. I really think she just doesn't get how it feels... how could she really, she isn't in one of our shoes.

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 6:20pm

Absolutely you are not evil! :) As I was reading the post, I was thinking, "wow, that sounds exactly something I would think!".
Anyway, to everyone who needs some laughs, copy and paste the link below. I enjoy reading it weekly. :)

http://999reasonstolaughatinfertility.blogspot.com/

Me (36) DH (38)- me-unexplained IF/hypothyroid -DH-counts good, but volume is low; Married in 2006, off birth control pill. Started officially trying in March of 2009.
2 rounds clomid/ovidrel 2009, 1 round femara/iui, 2010, 2 rounds follistim/iui 2010. Weight loss surgery 2011.  Back to new RE 2012: HSG normal, AMH 0.43= DOR; IVF with microdose flare protocol in February 2013.  

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-31-2009 - 10:20pm

Kelly,

You are not evil at all. In fact when a friend of mine got PG she made it a big thing to walk around stating that she was getting fat, although none of us could tell. Another lady in the group who was getting tired of her said to her, "well you're pregnant so you'd better be, or we'd be calling you biotch!" I had a good laugh at that one. This is definitely a hard time of year.. I have been inundated(sp?) with x-mas cards where people have decided to send my pics of their kids dressed up in santa suits, sitting on santa's lap, and dressed with antlers... yes, I think I've seen it all.

I actually had to take a break from facebook and block some people who keep posting baby status updates.. or even worse ultrasound photos!

Hang in there Kelly!

-Lil

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 8:07am
Thanks Lil, yes the cards were too much to handle this year!

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 12:20pm

Kelly, I will second everyone and tell you that you are not evil.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 7:36pm

Thanks Grace, it helps me to know that I'm not the only one in my jealousy. Ugh a Disney Princess!

I hope you and your DH's 2010 is a perfect year with the blessing of a healthy happy little one come August (as I know there will be:)

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-01-2010 - 9:35pm

Thank you Kelly, I really want to see that so much for you too.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 01-02-2010 - 7:31am

That doesn't sound corny at all, I would totally do the same thing. Just think though, what is your princess friend going to do when she gets old and wrinkly... play the ugly stepmother to Cinderella? I don't care what she looks like, you are one of the most beautiful people I've ever known!

And your princess friend kind of sounds just like mine. She seems to have this perfect life that everything just goes right on. She works part time from home which is a joke, but really is the best of both worlds of mommyhood and career. She is teeny tiny skinny (eats whatever she wants too) and looks adorable pg, had a perfect pg and gave birth on her due date last time... it is just nauseating! The other night her DH commented that she was busy "creating the next generation of *surname*'s" and I almost had to leave the table. I really don't think my DH feels this way, but it really makes me feel so insuperior and like a failure as a wife to him.

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/