Why tell me that?

iVillage Member
Why tell me that?
Thu, 01-14-2010 - 3:06am

Dh went to see his family today and on the way home had to just tell me that his brother, who already has a kid they can't afford, knocked up his new girlfriend. This is the brother whose baby mama lived in a trailer and my niece got covered in bug bites. These two don't even have a place to live, they are living in his grandparents attic. The new girlfriend won't use protection and won't work. They can't even afford his girl, why the h3ll do they need another kid!?! I am so pissed off. They fight all the time, among other stupid stuff that I am too mad to mention. I am sitting here crying and yelling at DH on the phone while he is telling me. I feel like I am never going to have another child. Why do stupid people get kids and us people who deserve and can afford them can't. I am sorry, but I just needed to rant. I really need your support.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 01-14-2010 - 8:01pm

Suzi,
I totally get it! I have been upset many times in the past year with people getting pregnant who really shouldn't even be allowed to hold a child, let alone raise one! My cousin knocked up his girlfriend a month after they graduated from high school. Neither one does anything. They each live at home still, but were just oh so excited to be having a baby! I literally rolled my eyes and left the room when they were telling everyone.

I have come to several conclusions this year, including the fact that life just isn't fair.

Sorry you're having to deal with this right now. It certainly doesn't make IF any easier.

(((((HUGS)))))

~~~~

Photobucket

Me- 31, DH- 31; TTC #1 since Nov. '07; No known FI issues; DH has borderline/low motility
IUI #1 on Apr. 25--BFN; IUI #2 on May 22-- BFN; IUI#3 on June 19--BFN; IUI#4 on July 17--BFN; IUI#5 on Aug. 12--BFN; IUI#6 (clomid/menopur combo, 3 follicles) on October 20-- BFN; November cycle canceled due to cyst; IUI#7 December 11 (Menopur, possibly two follicles)BFN; IUI#8 January 5 (Menopur, three follies)

Photobucket

Photobucket

ttc first

baby
happily married
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 12:33am
(((HUGS)))
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 12:56am

Thanks, Jess. I hate them, too. Especially after how hard we work to get a BFP. Then you have someone who is too lazy to go to Planned Parenthood to get free BC. At least she hasn't posted on FB yet.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 01-15-2010 - 7:38pm
Maddening and infuriating and unfair and lousy all the way. I am angry too. Take it easy, Suzi.

Mother to Natalie, born December 7, 2009 with help from Gonal-F injectibles after 20 months of TTC.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 3:04pm
There was a story in the local news a few weeks ago about a dad that left his infant, in just a onesie sleeper, on the front porch. In freezing temps. So that idiot can have a baby but as completely competent, stable adults we can't? It doesn't seem fair and makes no dang sense at all. I feel your pain, and must be even worse when it is in your own family.

Kathleen - TTC #1 since September 2006 (Me - 31, DH - 32). Always remembering our 3 angels.

January 2008 - Chemical P/G, April 2008 - M/C at about 7 weeks, June 2008 - Blighted Ovum

May 2009 - diagnosed Low Protein S and Hetero MTHFR - Baby aspirin, Lovenex

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 3:47pm
HUGS.

iVillage Member
Wed, 01-20-2010 - 5:10pm

Thanks to everyone, I know I can come vent and you will ALL know what I am feeling. It so frustrates me to see people who can afford or you know won't really care for a child have all these pgs. Fot the record, I know bil will care for his children, but he really really can't afford it. I can't really afford one right now either, and we have way more income than they do. UGH

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket