Emotional Wreck!

iVillage Member
Emotional Wreck!
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 2:23am

I spent last week in training with a bunch of guys from work.  Part of the training consisted of a pretty high ranking Supervisor talking to us about leadership.  During part of the training he asked us to raise our hands if we didn't have children.  I felt like he kicked me in the stomach!  Only one guy and I raised our hands.  He went on to talk about his kids and their perceptions of "fairness", saying that someday those of us without kids would understand. 

During the break I approached him and asked to speak with him in private.  I started to explain to him that what he did was rather insensitive, considering that he didn't know his audience.  And right then and there I completely broke down.  I mean it was the kind of sobbing that comes from deep down in the pit of your stomach.  I didn't see it coming.  The poor guy felt like crap!  He apoligized, but I was mortified!  I went to the rest room and cleaned up as best as I could then went back to class. 

Then yesterday, DH and I were with my MIL showing her the land we bought to build on.  I was joking saying that DH wanted to get a couple of goats, when she said we should get some kids.  Stupid me thought she was talking about baby goats!  My hubby went off on her!  He is very private, so he never really wanted me to tell her about our infertility problems, although she knew about my surgery last year, and I mentioned it once.  That got me crying...AGAIN!

Then today...I was trying to order flowers for my mom, who is having surgery tomorrow.  I couldn't get FTD to work on the internet on my IPhone, so I called their 1-800 number.  For some reason I couldn't understand what the operator was asking me... and THAT brought me to tears.  DH felt horrible (he was giving me grief because he could hear her and he was sitting across the couch from me).  I hung up the phone, went to bed and cried. 

What is wrong with me?  I thought I was past all of this!  I wasn't even this emotional last year when I was in the middle of treatments ttc!

Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 8:28am
Oh Kathy, I feel so bad for you!
After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 8:47am
Oh Kathy, many hugs, I'm so sorry. Good for you for telling the instructor what he said was insensitive. People don't understand that comments like that hurt feelings and I'm glad you alerted him to that fact. This is a horribly difficult thing to live with so don't beat yourself up for having emotional jags, it is best to get them out.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 10:25am

Kathy, I'm so sorry you had to go through that.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 6:04pm

Awe Kathy, you need some big hugs honey.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 7:57pm
Thanks!
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 9:44pm
More hugs! I'm glad you were able let the supervisor know how you felt. It may not be much comfort, but you may save someone else the same agony. It probably(obviously) never occured to him. I hope you're feeling better today. I know the emotions can be a roller coaster. You just never know where you are on the ride.

Lori

DH and I are 33yrs old. TTC #1 since May08| July09- Dx POF|  Aug09- started Premarin, Metformin, and Lupron

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 9:54pm

Thanks!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 10:44pm

I do feel good about talking to him about it.

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 10:46pm

Ah man, sorry to hear that the wait is going to continue for awhile. Does planning for the house give you any kind of escape? I've heard that it can be exciting, but I've also heard it can be stressful. I know you don't need any added stress, so I hope it's exciting and rolls along smoothly. You deserve it! You're creating the perfect home for your little cowboy(s) and/or cowgirl(s).

Lori

DH and I are 33yrs old. TTC #1 since May08| July09- Dx POF|  Aug09- started Premarin, Metformin, and Lupron

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 11:20pm

Thanks Faith!

Photobucket

Pages