If I don't know you...........

iVillage Member
If I don't know you...........
Fri, 02-12-2010 - 2:59pm

.........please don't friend me on Facebook!!!!! First, there is this girl that happens to work at where I work, not in my department, but as a cashier. I have never spoken a word to her. except maybe when, or even if, I have gone through her register. Just because we work at the same place, does not mean you are my friend. I don't know you! She has now tried to friend me twice.

Second, I get on FB, and there is some random guy trying to friend me. I have no idea who this is. I finally notice we have a common friend, my son. Hello!!!!!! Do you think I'm some hot mom you can chat with??? NO! Again, I don't know you. Just because you work with my son is even less reason for you to friend me. UGH!!!!!!!

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 10:31pm
I know, but my theory is, if we don't talk on a daily basis, or you are not family, I'm not friending you. She just wants to friend everyone at work. She should start a group for that, I would join that. She doesn't even know me. We just have common friends because we happen to work at the same place. It doesn't really make me mad, just amused that someone thinks that.
Awww, thanks!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sun, 02-14-2010 - 4:22pm
I totally agree! But you know you can restrict what they see, right? Like my MIL is my friend, but she can't see my wall. Oh, and you guys are only among about a dozen people who get my status updates (consider yourselves privileged!). So Suzi, if she keeps bugging you, you can accept her as a friend but block photos, wall, and status update. She'll understand that you don't consider her a REAL friend.

Mother to Natalie, born December 7, 2009 with help from Gonal-F injectibles after 20 months of TTC.

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 3:28pm

I understand Suzi, I get annoyed by the people that you've never met try to friend you just because you have a mutual friend.

I've had 3 guys that I definitely do not know try to friend me recently.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-13-2010 - 12:42pm

I love Facebook, I just hate that now anybody thinks they need to be your friend. DH was like, "you're being rude, just friend that girl." I looked at him and said back "Would you like some total stranger looking through your pics, reading about you, reading some stuff your friends wrote?" He finally saw the light and was like, No! I don't want something I write getting to someone that doesn't need to know about it. I am friends with people at work, but they are in my area. I think some people think it's a race to see how many friends they can have. I'm just happy to have those friends who are too far away to hang out with, and family.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket