Can't take this anymore....

iVillage Member
Can't take this anymore....
Tue, 02-23-2010 - 12:57pm

No, this isn't about TTC or infertility. It is about my DH and BIL.

When DH lost his job last Jan we did ok but in September we had BIL move back in with us to help with the winter bills. My DS also moved back in with us as well. BIL is unemployed and recieves UE. He still is unemployed. He wants to wait for the perfect job. You know, the one that pays $13+ an hour. Now, DH is still unemployed as well, but with our house payment and bills, we HAVE to have a job that pays $13+ an hour, and what he gets on UE covers that. BIL does not need that kind of money. At this point I don't even care if he doesn't move out till DH goes back to work. I just am so sick of him being here 24 hrs a day. I can't do anything, I can't clean anything, and they both mess everything up. His stupid dog is stinking up the room they live in and now I will have to replace it.

Now, what is pissing me off the most is that DH isn't really doing anything about it. We fight about it all the time. He told me last night "What am I supposed to do, ride his @$$ about it?" YES!!!!!! If DS had moved in without a job and on EU and sat around for 5 months, DH would have blown a gasket. DH even admitted to this. But I am not allowed to be upset about BIL. For the record, my DS moved in with a job and moved back out in 4 months. I just don't know what to do about this anymore. I finally just told DH that if BIL took a third extention I was moving out of our room to the spare room, and if by the time I got back from my trip he was still not working I was not coming home. I would stay at my mother's.

The kicker... I am really sick and DH is being a butt about me taking a few days off work, but won't tell BIL to get a job. I mean, geez, even for now he could work at a fast food place, grocery store, anywhere, then keep looking and quit. It's going to look bad when they look at his app and it has a giant blank of about a year.

If you managed to get through this, bless your heart, and thanks for letting me rant.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
Wed, 02-24-2010 - 8:10pm
Too bad on the age difference, I thought we had a plan there!

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

Pages