An emotional day

iVillage Member
An emotional day
Mon, 03-08-2010 - 8:35pm

So today has not been a good day as you can see from my earlier post. I just received a call from my younger brother telling me they are expecting their second in October. Now I am excited for them but cannot handle the news right now. What I do not get is that my mother against my wishes told my brother of my procedures and that I did not get good news today. After hearing this news today he still preceded to call me and tell me they are pregnant. Are people not sensitive to others feelings. I never thought that this would be such the emotional rollercoaster it is.

I do not believe I got the medical treatment I should have received. I do not like that most of my appointments are with the Physician Assistant and I do not see the doctor for weeks. I get no answers to why I have low estrogen levels and feel like I am passed over for the next patient waiting. When I spend this much money I want to feel like I matter and that we are doing everything possible.

The only good thing is that we have chosen to seek out another RE for opinions. My appointment is not until April 13th but it is with a really well known RE. It will mean having to travel 4 hours for IVF procedure but will be worth it in the end. I just hope they can provide me with the answers I need.

Sorry for the long post. It has been a long emotional day.

Me ~ 31  DH ~ 33  TTC #1 since August 2002. Dealing with mild Endo, PCOS, Diabetes, and MFI.

DD ~ 12 from previous marriage

2 rounds of Clomid 2004 – BFN

First RE consult 2008 but was not the right time financially. L

Trying all Natural from 2004-2010

IUI #1 with Bravelle 2/10 – BFN

IUI #2 with Bravelle 3/10 – trying to keep positive it will work.

Katrina

Me ~ 31  DH ~ 33  TTC #1 since August 2002. Dealing with mild Endo, PCOS, D

iVillage Member
In reply to: ruonaka
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 10:00am

Katrina,

All I can say about your brother is OMG!!

It would be bad enough if he didn't know what you are going thru and just happened to call yesterday but the fact that he does know & called you with an announcement of a PG just astounds me!!

I am sorry that you aren't getting the treatment you should be at your doctors office.

I'm wishing you the best of luck with the new RE:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 10:09am

Katrina, How incredibly insensitive and downright mean of your brother to call you with nws like that after hearing that you are going through a tough time.

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 10:18am
Thanks Christine. It is really hard to go through what we ladies do. Many people who do not have trouble do not understand the emtional rollercoaster we endure every month. I too am hoping the new RE will work out. He is well known RE in the infertilty world and research and has helped construct the IVF process for the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 10:20am
Thanks Nat. Yesterday was a reality check with a lot of melt downs. I did not know how hurt I have felt with not being able to have another baby. I too am hoping the new RE will give me better results.

iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 11:32am

Katrina,

I'm in shock that your brother would tell you that yesterday, he seriously could've waited a few days to break the news. Ugh.

I'm glad you are going to consult with a new RE. You should absolutely feel like you are getting the best care and move on if you don't think you are.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 03-09-2010 - 12:27pm

Oh Katrina, I'm sorry you were having such

Photobucket