Holy break down batman.

iVillage Member
Holy break down batman.
Sat, 03-27-2010 - 3:17pm

Last weekend I had a major emotional breakdown, when my husband suggested we take a month or two off if this cycle didn't work.  I was relieved, upset, overwhelmed, etc... It's a lot- working full time, going back to nursing school, and dealing with constant IF appointments.  I've decided that taking some time off will be good for us. 

Today I had another breakdown while talking to my mom on the phone.  I love her dearly, but we've always had a strained relationship.  She told me today about how proud she is of the woman I've become, a good wife, good daughter, etc... and I lost it.  I feel so guilty for keeping my IF from her (she's dealt with 10 recurrent miscarriages and I don't want her to bring up feelings from her past).  We are going to tell our parents after this cycle (regardless of the outcome), but I am just so freaking emotional right now.  I know the endometrin (progesterone) can cause certain side effects so I"m not sure if this is the meds, PMS, or just me being crazy. 

Can anyone share their side effects from progesterone?  Thanks girls...

-Jessica

Me (36) DH (38)- me-unexplained IF/hypothyroid -DH-counts good, but volume is low; Married in 2006, off birth control pill. Started officially trying in March of 2009.
2 rounds clomid/ovidrel 2009, 1 round femara/iui, 2010, 2 rounds follistim/iui 2010. Weight loss surgery 2011.  Back to new RE 2012: HSG normal, AMH 0.43= DOR; IVF with microdose flare protocol in February 2013.  

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 4:46pm

Many hugs Jessica! Meds can definitely wreak havoc on your emotions as is dealing with all this stress isn't enough, ugh. That was really sweet of your mother to tell you all those wonderful things, I would bawl if I heard those things from my mother too but don't feel guilty for not sharing this with her just yet. You were doing it for good reasons.

Hugs again!

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 3:14pm

I'm sorry Jessica, fingers crossed that it's RPS!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sun, 03-28-2010 - 10:13am

Jessica,

So sorry to hear it has been stressful lately! It seems like it does come in waves and feels worse sometimes more than others. I think our DH's just want the best for us and his suggestion to take a break might has been him seeing how stressed and sad you were. What they may not get, is taking a break is even more stressful because you now don't even have a chance of getting p/g! I hope you guys were able to talk that through and come to a common ground.

It is really hard to talk about this with

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-27-2010 - 7:55pm
I swear, the progesterone is bothering me more than clomid ever did!!!! I am absolutely exhausted and have taken naps for the past 3 days, my nipples are burning/stinging for about 20 minutes each day (TMI, I know!), and my digestive system is making me cranky. :) hopefully it's RPS and not medicine!!!!

Me (36) DH (38)- me-unexplained IF/hypothyroid -DH-counts good, but volume is low; Married in 2006, off birth control pill. Started officially trying in March of 2009.
2 rounds clomid/ovidrel 2009, 1 round femara/iui, 2010, 2 rounds follistim/iui 2010. Weight loss surgery 2011.  Back to new RE 2012: HSG normal, AMH 0.43= DOR; IVF with microdose flare protocol in February 2013.  

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-27-2010 - 4:26pm

((Hugs)) Jessica, I'm sorry you're feeling so emotional right now.

Photobucket