Confusing HPT and OPKs

iVillage Member
Confusing HPT and OPKs
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 12:48pm
So I had a really really really confusing week last week. On Wednesday I had been feeling really sick. I was dry heaving and just felt nauseous. I had felt sick to my stomach for a few days before that... My husband asked me to take a HPT, even though I didn't want to because I was only 7DPO. I also started to have really bad pains in my back on the right side. I decided to take a HPT and also a OPK because I felt like I could be Ovulating too. Sooo the OPK came back positive (which was weird because I Oed the week before) and the HPT came back with a slight faded + sign... but so slight that had it not come up in the first few minutes I would have thought it was an evaporation line bc it was sooooo thin. I wasn't sure what to think so I decided to redo the tests in the morning. The next morning the HPT was negative.. and so was the OPK. I took another HPT just to be sure (this time digital) and it was a BFN.. so I guess I Oed twice this month and the first HPT was a malfunction or something.. I know I didn't hallucinate the + sign though because my DH saw it too... Anyways.. I guess I started my 2ww all over again so I will see what happens sometime next week
iVillage Member
Mon, 07-12-2010 - 8:39pm

Hmm that's a bit strange.

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09 with Unexplained Infertility: SA's all ok; b/w and HSG ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered eno