Seriously?!?!

iVillage Member
Seriously?!?!
Sat, 07-24-2010 - 11:04pm

I'm just venting here..so please forgive me.

I was talking to a friend (not a close friend) about trying for another baby. Of course after she asked what was taking so long with #2. *sigh* I finally told her that we had a lot of difficulty conceiving our DS and that we infact have been trying for #2 since DH was about 9 months old. We were returning to the fertility doctor.

Her response?

"Well...have you just tried the old fashion way of making babies? Just have a lot of sex."

I could really and truly slapped this woman, if I were a more violent person. SERIOUSLY? Oh thank you "doctor". That's our problem. We just have to have a lot of sex and here I thought the stork just kept getting lost. Honest to goodness.

Photobucket  

Sugarplum Blinkie    Photobucket

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: baby_sass
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 3:28pm
OMG, I would've slapped her! This thread is cracking me up and sad all at the same time that so many of us have to endure these ridiculous comments.
Kelly

Kelly

iVillage Member
Mon, 07-26-2010 - 8:48pm

Ahh yes..gotta love the "it's just not meant to be right now!" comments. I hate those as well. How do they know? Don't I get to decide when the time is right to have a baby..just like everyone else?!?!

There is comfort knowing others have to endure these awful comments...even though I wish with all my heart that we didn't have to! It's nice to receive the support here. I wish I found this board a long time ago!

Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 1:09pm
haha This gave me a good laugh. I can't believe how insensative people are though and I really can't believe how dumb they think we are. I've gotten then, "well are you guys having sex" comment so many times. Like really? Do they think I didn't go to 5th grade health class or something? Idiots! I HATE those, "its not meant to be" comments. It makes no sense to me whatsoever. What's worse in the church is people with the "God just doesn't want you to have a baby" That doesnt make sense either. So you're telling me that God doesn't want me to have a baby, but He DOES want the drug addicts and dead beat dads to have babies? C'mon now. That's just ridiculous
iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 7:16pm

Ugh...I hate the comments people have.

How about teh "relax" one?

iVillage Member
Tue, 07-27-2010 - 9:40pm
Photobucket

Pages