Ouch! Insult to injury...

iVillage Member
Ouch! Insult to injury...
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 12:25pm

This morning I went by my office (I'm a professor but on sabbatical this semester to finish working on my book) and stopped by our department's senior administrator to say hello. She knows about my TTC w/IF and is a very sweet, kind, and supportive woman. But, she is also a proud grandma of a newborn. So when we were chatting, she asked me point blank if I was pg yet. Ouch. I said, as cheerily as I could, "not yet, but still hoping and trying." She said, "oh I am so sorry. But hey, want to look at pictures of the new grand baby? You should appreciate them!" Um, no, not really. Can't say I'd be all that appreciative of looking at pictures of a newborn baby right now, especially as I *think* I am about to O and DP is rushing to get back into town and I am stressed that all the stress will be for nothing if I don't get pg this cycle.

I wish I hadn't had to tell people at work- when I had my surgery and had to miss a few days, I knew I needed to let my department chair and a couple of others know, including this woman. She really is a sweet lady, but that was a painful conversation. I told her I would love to see the pics but had a meter running and didn't want to get a ticket. I hightailed it out of there as fast as I could!

Andrea

baby 1 

Thanks to Chrissy over at SMFB for my AMAZING siggy!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
Lilypie Maternity tickers

May Baby

<
iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 9:38pm

Oh my goodness I cannot believe even after she heard you had still not been successful she asked if you want to look at pictures! Sometimes I cannot believe what people say. If that is not a clear indication some people do not think before they talk I do not know what is.

I know what you mean about not wanting to tell people at work. I am hoping I will not have to tell anyone in my new job. My schedule will make it so I will have days off during the week so I am hoping that for once IF will work with me and allow most of my appointments to be on my days off.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 6:57pm

I'm sorry you had to hear those comments.

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09 with Unexplained Infertility: SA's all ok; b/w and HSG ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered eno

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 4:16pm

I am so sorry you had to go through that. You think she would not have asked point blank if you were PG yet, considering she knows about your IF. but it sounds like you handled it well.

Sending you SBV's

Carrie

TTC since August 2008. Unknown infertility

IUI w/ Clomid #1 September 2009 , BFP with twins in October, miscarriage at 8 weeks 1 day and 8 weeks 3 days

IUI w/ Clomid #2 February 2010, no luck there.

IUI w/ Clomid #3 March 2010, BFN

IUI w/ Clomid #4 April 2010,BFP chemical pregnancy.

IUI w/ Injectables #1 May 2010, BFP with twins and very good beat numbers. Heart beats in the 160's

Due date 1/28/2011.

We're having a baby boy and baby girl.

iVillage Member
Fri, 08-27-2010 - 12:52pm

Sorry you had to deal with the insensitive comments.

Me: 39, DH: 43

TTC for 5 years . 1 Ectopic PG at 8 wee