stupid parents in the news

iVillage Member
stupid parents in the news
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 1:41pm
So over the last two days there were stories that makes me wonder why those people get to have kids but I don't.  The first story was about a chain-smoking 2 year old.  I didn't see it but DH told me about it when I woke up in the morning.  Who lets their 2 year old get anywhere new a cigarette which is unhealthy and could burn them let alone allow them to develop and feed a chain-smoking habit? Then this morning I saw a story about a dad on trial b/c he held his daughter underneath running water b/c she wouldn't say her ABC's.  Seriously?!  I know there's no way to be a perfect parent, but I would be 100x better than these idiots!  This world is all messed up.

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09

Unexplained Infertility: SA Sept '09/July '10 ok; b/w and HSG Feb '10 ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered enough to cause IF

July '10 - IUI #1 w/ 50mg Clomid, prometrium / 2 follies on R = BFN

Aug '10 - IUI #2 w/ 50mg Clomid, prometrium / 1 follie on R = BFN

Sept '10 - BD only due to business conference

Tamar

TTC #1 since Feb '09 with Unexplained Infertility: SA's all ok; b/w and HSG ok; Lap Mar '10 - mild endo on outside of right tube/uterus removed but not considered eno

iVillage Member
Mon, 09-13-2010 - 2:08pm
I absolutely hate hearing those stories. The chain smoking 2yr old is positively discusting. I can't even fathom giving my 2yr old a cigarette. Argh. I hadn't heard about the other story, but that's just terrible!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I realize fertility's not a given, it's a gift" - Martie Maguire (Dixie Chicks)

Hayzen was born July 9, 2008, after 19 mths TTC! He was worth the wait, we're so blessed!

Photobucket Photobucket

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I realize fertility's not a given, it's a gift" - Martie Maguire (Dixie Chicks)

Hayzen was born July 9, 2008, after 19 mths TTC! He was worth the wait, we're so bless

iVillage Member
Sun, 09-05-2010 - 7:35pm
I also get so upset hearing about these people. It should be THEY who have trouble conceiving and US who have all the babies. I was watching this documentary with this homeless 19 year old who was 5 months pregnancy. Not only was she living on the street, she was smoking cigarettes and dope on camera. She kept on saying how much she wanted this baby and wants the best for her. All I kept thinking was "Put down the **** cigarette you idiot." No fair.
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:25pm
Stories like that make me SOOOO mad. Those are the days where I cannot understand Gods bigger plan because to me there is a flaw in that design. I know that once we all are parents we will be a million times better.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie