My baby has arrived!

iVillage Member
My baby has arrived!
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:26am

My little girl Natalie has arrived! She was born Monday, December 7th at 1:49 pm and weighed 6 lbs, 12 oz, and measured 19 inches. Her Apgar score was perfect. For privacy reasons I will not be posting any photos on the board or disclosing her middle name but please email me personally and I will be happy to share via email.

Natalie was born full term but 11 days before her due date...My water broke Sunday while I was doing her laundry in the laundry room! Here's how things went: For some reason the whole day Sunday I was extremely hormonal and as I was doing her laundry I had a meltdown and started crying hysterically for no reason - right there in the laundry room. Suddenly, I felt this warm whoosh down my leg - water, water water. I knew immediately what it was. I called the doctor and he said to take my time coming into the hospital, but to come in soon. Two hours later I arrived and was immediately admitted. I had no contractions and was only dilated 2cm. Active labor begins at 4cm and pushing begins at 10cm. Slowly I began to get contractions but they were pretty tolerable at first. By that evening they were quite painful so I got an epidural. Just in time! Since I was still not dilated enough, it enabled me to sleep through the night with minimal discomfort. The next morning, I got pitocin to get labor and dilation moving. By around 11 am, I was at 9cm and by 12:30 it was 10cm and pushing time. During the entire process, I had very little pain thanks to the epidural. Pushing went great - it only took 1 hour! The doctor was extremely impressed with my pushing ability and out came Natalie within 60 minutes. They put her on my belly and it was magical.

The whole experience was extremely positive for me - wonderful nurses, a great doctor (there a four in my practice and I got my favorite one, a woman). I got a lovely private room afterwards for recovery and some nice visitors. I started breastfeeding a couple of hours after the birth and that went smoothly. The only negative thing that happened to me is that I pulled a muscle on upper thigh and glute while pushing so that hurt tremendously and i needed Percocet for that, because I couldn't walk at all and was in great pain. The pain is finally going away now, 3 days later, but I still have a slight limp. That was extremely uncomfortable but it's the least of things in the grand scheme....

Thank you all for your wonderful support throughout my pregnancy and throughout my 2 years of ttc. I will remain on this board but please forgive me if you don't see me as frequently. I care about you all and I think of you everyday - the mommies to be and the ones still trying to make it happen. Don't stop believing! Miracles come true.

Love, CARO

Pages

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:33am

Caro,

Congratulations to you on the arrival of your baby girl. I do have to say I love the name since it is also my name as well, LOL!!

I wish you the best of luck. Enjoy every moment of this time you deserve it:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 11:46am

Awe congrats Caro! Love the name:)

I am so happy the birth was relatively pain free and no problems. It was so exciting to see you go from the pain of infertility, through a healthy pregnancy and birth of a beautiful little girl.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 12:04pm
Congratulations!

~Christine~

TTC since 6/2007. 
IVF #1 Jan 2009 - BFN
IVF# 2  April 2009 - BFN
IVF# 3 July

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 12:21pm

Congratulations Caro!

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 12:32pm

Caro

I am so happy for you 3! Im glad it went so well and she is healthy and you did so well. I love the name! I am so hormonal now so reading your story choked me up!

What a wonderful gift just

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 12:45pm

I was hoping you would post the birth story on here!

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Thu, 12-10-2009 - 1:36pm

AAWWW Caro, I am sooooo happy for you. You are going to be a wonderful mom. Can I e-mail you for pics? I'm so glad it was a positive experience for you. You have come so far from when I first "met" you, and I am so glad.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket