Please Help! (TMI)

iVillage Member
Please Help! (TMI)
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 11:54am
I need some advice from any pregnant women.
I have not had any cramping or bleeding or anything, but just now when I went to the bathroom I noticed a glob of clear mucus/jelly looking glob. I have never had this before and it was just sitting there in my underwear smaller than a dime, but I can't find any information on the internet or any of my pregnancy books unless they are talking about the mucus plug way later in pregnancy. I am only 6 weeks. Has anyone else found a glob like kind of discharge like this?
I am so alarmed that it means the mucus plug fell out or is a miscarriage or something, is there always blood with a miscarriage, or could the baby just fall out???
Sorry if this sounds insane I would just really appreciate to hear if anyone else had this before because I thought it was so odd to see this round glob of jelly in my underwear.
Thank you so much!
~Sally
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 1:02pm

Sally

I had alot of similar discharge

iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 2:34pm

Don't worry about it Sally.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 3:23pm
Thank you so much Cynthia! All I found about it was things related to the mucus plug and in weeks much further along. I had to go meet a friend for dinner after I wrote that and was scared that something horrible would happen while I was on the streetcar and was thinking what would I do.
Thank you so much for providing me with that site too, I am so relieved it is normal because to me it was really odd to see, but it hasn't occurred again since this evening.
I really mean it, thank you!
~Sally
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 3:29pm
Thanks Lauren,
I didn't think so either, but when I looked it up online the only thing I found was some girl asking the same thing I was and the answer being that that could be what it was!
It hasn't happened again, I guess I am just so worried about something bad happening, and seeing that weirdness I have never had in my life really scared me. Maybe if it happens again, I will call the dr. or go into the emergency only "vacation" week dr. since we haven't seen the heartbeat yet. Did you ever have anything like that?
~Sally
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 5:20pm

Sally, I have definitely experienced jelly like globs of CM.

After struggling with infertility, we welcomed our son Noah on March 18, 2010! Formerly a teacher, I am now a breastfeeding, babywearing, stay at home Mom, and I couldn't love it any more!
iVillage Member
Wed, 12-23-2009 - 7:02pm

Sally, don't worry, I've had some discharge as well.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Thu, 12-24-2009 - 1:08pm
Hi Sally, I wanted to also agree with the others, it is totally normal and in no way associated with miscarriage. All the extra estrogen and progesterone swimming around your body creates all sorts of weird stuff. Merry Christmas:)

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/