Hey new Mommies!

iVillage Member
Hey new Mommies!
Thu, 01-28-2010 - 12:25pm

Catch us up... how are you doing? How are your beautiful little ones?

Any new pictures for us? Any milestones?

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 41 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/

Pages

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 3:23pm

Hi ladies!!

Photobucket
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 4:15pm

Awe what a great update Jess! I can't believe Dom is 4 months and standing up already... I guess I forget how quickly they grow and gain strength. And that's awesome you have family to watch him, that is Godsend!

I hate that you already had anxiety just thinking about ttc again. I hope the second time around your trip is much shorter and sweeter:)

Kelly

I'm 38, DH is 42 and we are TTC #1. We've had 3 unexplained miscarriages and a bout with Asherman's Syndrome but we're determined.

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 7:47pm

Jessica, I'm happy to see that you and Dominic are doing so well!

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Mon, 02-01-2010 - 8:38pm

Jess,
It's great hearing your update! I was actually going to send you an email to see what you were up to even though I get your news regularly through Facebook. Basically I was wondering when you would be starting to ttc again and whether AF has come. Now I have the answers :)

I am well. Natalie is 8 weeks today and had her well visit/shots this morning. She weighs 8 lbs 11 oz which is in the 10th percentile, meaning she is within the small side of normal, and measures 21 inches which is in the 25th percentile. She was hysterical when she got her shots and slept a lot today, but she isn't feverish and she isn't crying. I guess she will be ok. She has a bit of a cold so she is not really herself, but overall she has been thriving. She loves to play on her activity mat and is beginning to smile at us. And she is sleeping about 5 hours at night, generally from 11-4 or midnight to 5 (she then sleeps again from 6am to 10 am or so). Like Jess, I too am really enjoying breastfeeding. It has helped me lose almost all my pregnancy weight (I am only 6 lbs away from my pre-pg weight) and has been very good on my hormones. It calms me down and even gives me a bit of a feel-good high. It also has helped me bond with the baby. Having said that, for the past few days I have been a bit depressed and weepy....I hope it goes away. I have no idea what set it off and I think it is hormones...

We have found a wonderful nanny who will be with Natalie full time when I return to work in mid-March (I took 14 weeks maternity). Right now she comes once a week for a few hours so that she and baby can get to know each other, and so that I can work with her and tell her where things are and how to do things. Natalie is super comfortable with her and very calm in her presence. However, I am already sad and conflicted about returning to work. I might be able to work out a deal with my boss about working from home a bit, but I don't think I can bring it up immediately. Maybe in June when our fiscal year is up, instead of a raise I can ask for flexibility...I am a fundraiser for a nonprofit...My mom and MIL are both nearby and come visit at least a few times a week, which is terrific.

Most of you have seen photos on Facebook or have emailed me. I don't want to post photos on iVillage because I am a privacy freak :)

My advice as a new mom for the moms-to-be are this: For those of you planning to BF, when they are crying and won't calm down no matter what, FEED THEM. Even if you just did it half an hour ago, do it again. They can't OD on it. Breastmilk truly is the best pacifier. #2) Wait two weeks before giving up on breastfeeding at the beginning, because it takes that long for BFing to get comfortable and not hurt like hell. I was in a lot of pain at first, but I am glad I stuck with it because now it is actually pleasurable. I was CONVINCED I would hate it, but I quite like it.

I will probably try TTC again when Natalie is 9 months old. I will try naturally for 6 months and then reassess the situation at that point. I am scared to do injectibles again because of the high risk of multiples. I really don't want twins...three kids in Manhattan is really hard...and two at once is difficult too, on the body and the psyche....so I'll have to see about treatments...

Baby dust to those TTCing, and best wishes to the moms-to-be!! -Caro :)

Mother to Natalie, born December 7, 2009 with help from Gonal-F injectibles after 20 months of TTC.

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 9:31am
What a great update Caro! You and Jess have me convinced that breastfeeding won't be so bad, I have always worried about that, that I won't be able to do it. That's great Natalie is sleeping 5 hours straight at night now, it must feel great.

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 9:42am

Awe, I love hearing you ladies' updates about the precious babies :)

Jess, Dom is just around a month older than my little dollbaby nephew so its nice to hear/see whats coming next with him.

Photobucket

Faith (35) Matt (40)

iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 4:57pm

hi ladies! i haven't lurked in ages,

ana

mom to beautiful baby lia.
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 5:07pm

Hi Ana,

It's so good to hear from you, I've wondered how you were. Lia sounds like a complete sweetie and I am so happy you have her sleeping throughout the entire night!

I hope your move to Canada goes well and you can smuggle that DS over the border LOL!

Kelly

BFP #4! - 1/
iVillage Member
Tue, 02-02-2010 - 8:06pm

Hi, Ana, it's so good to hear from you! Wow, I can't believe little Lia is already 7 months old. When was she born again? I'm sorry I can't remember. I'm glad she is sleeping better. I remember when my DS was about 4 months he started sleeping through the night. I was really lucky. I hope you can figure something out with the DS so you can add to your family. I'm going to e-mail you so you can send me some pics of you guys. I want to see her.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 02-11-2010 - 4:54pm

Hi everyone,

I don't know if anyone who's still here remembers me...it was a while ago that I was here. But i still come back and lurk and try to post if I have anything helpful to say.

I don't really count as a new mommy anymore, my little miracle is 9 months old! But I still feel new. :) My baby girl Naomi brings so much joy to our lives.

It was hard for me to get used to the reality that, just because I went through infertility and loss, didn't mean that parenthood would somehow be magically easy for me! There have been difficulties as there always are, but I think we have looked at everything as a pleasure that we very nearly missed out on, and we are just so grateful to be able to experience all of this wonder.

Unlike the other new mamas here, I am not breastfeeding my little girl. I tried for 10 days (it felt like so much longer at the time!!! it feels like I gave up so easily when I see it written down like that) but it didn't work out for us. My little Naomi has some of her own unique challenges...a severe milk allergy, GERD/reflux, and recently had tubes put in her ears due to chronic middle ear fluid that was causing her to have hearing loss.

But despite all that, she is one of the happiest babies I have ever seen! She has the best little disposition. She loves to play and laugh and is always into everything. She learned to crawl when she was 5 months old and has been on the move ever since.

Also unlike the other miracle mamas, I am not sure if I want to have more children. I do wish Naomi could have a sibling and preferably one pretty close to her age. But with all the struggles to get pregnant and stay pregnant, I just don't know that I can go through it all again. It sounds so cowardly but that's how I feel right now. I know hubby wants to have another baby someday but like Jess, i feel like it would happen easier the sooner I do it, and I know I am not ready at all.

So that's where we are! I post pictures pretty regularly in the blog I keep for Naomi (in my signature if it's working) so feel free to check her out.

By the way, I am thrilled that there aren't many people from "my day" left around here because of course the goal is to graduate! So I hope that the same continues to be true and that everyone here gets their own miracles very soon.

Reba

Remembering o

Pages