Ant is here!!!

iVillage Member
Ant is here!!!
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 8:05pm

I am sorry this has taken me so long but I just have to say the last 2 days were LONG.  As you all know I went into the hospital Wednesday morning.  I got sent to the hospital because my BP was 164 over 104 Wed morning at work.  I believe I was admitted at about 10:30am.  After they admitted me they imediately hooked me up to the machines and started monitoring me and Ant. 

My blood pressures were still high when I go to the hospital and the OB pretty much said we are going to deliever Ant.  They didn't want to risk me getting preclampsia.  Before starting the pitocin they let me eat a small lunch at about 1:15.  At around 2pm they started me on the pitocin.  Not long after being on pitocin Ant's HB dropped low and they put me on oxygen and turned off the pitocin. 

Later they started my pitocin again but much slower.  At about 10pm the contractions were getting intense and I thought I should get some sleep since I was progressing so slowly.  So I figured I should get an epidural since I couldn't sleep through the pain.  BTW epidurals are great, well at least I loved mine at first because I couldn't feel any pain. 

After a couple of hours on the epi my RN came in and told me that Ant's HR(heart rate) was dropping again so she had me move positions.  This worked for a little bit and she moved me a few more times till I ended up on my right side.  I think they also turned off my epi at this point to.  By that point it was after midnight and they had stopped and restarted my pitocin at least 3 or 4 times.  This pattern continued through the wee hours of the morning.  The OB checked me a few times but I had progressed slowly.  At 9:30 the new OB check and I was still only 5cm dilated.  He said we could break my water in about a hour and a half and see if that helps.

Well he didn't get back to me until 12:30.  During that time they had to turn off my pitocin again because of Ant's HR.  Also I was getting very uncomfortable from laying only on my right side.  My RN let me change sides.  I think she could see the frustration in my faces also.  The OB said we could break your water but I am worried since Ant reacts so strongly to contractions.  He was thinking the cord could be wrapped around his neck.  He also suggested a c-section.  I knew the second he said those words that I wanted Ant out as soon as possible.  I didn't have the patience to go through another hour of labor.  

He decided to check me one last time and I still hadn't progress any since 9:30 in the morning, so he agreed to the c-section.  From that point everything went really quickly.  I signed lots of papers and they prepped me for surgery.  DH and MIL packed up all of our bags.  DH also got in his daddy scrubs.  At a little after 1pm they had me on the table numbed up all ready to go. 

The surgery went great and all I could feel was the pressure.  Before I knew it they were letting DH take pictures of Ant.  They showed him to me quickly and then took him to the table to clean him up.  I could hear his little squeaks as they weighed him and cleaned him.  Before he left the room they let us take a few pictures with him.  But neither DH or myself got to hold him.  DH went with Ant and they closed me up.

After the surgery they took me to recovery and in recovery my BP was elevated again.  The OB said he thought it was because of the surgery and he wasn't worried.  The RN on the other hand told me that I had bought myself more time in the recovery room.  While in recovery we found out that Ant was hypo glycemic, this is a possiblity for babies for to mothers with GD.  So they took him to the NICU.  I was very upset because this meant I wasn't going to get to BF him anytime soon. 

As Jess said they checked me into my postpardom room at about 6:30 but I got to stop and see Ant on the way.  That was the last time I got to see him until 1pm today.  This was really hard but I did pump throughout the night and DH took him some colostrum.  At 1pm today I FINALLY got to hold my son for the first time and got to breastfeed him also.  We did this again at 5pm and I plan to go back at 9pm.  As for right now it looks like he might join us on Sunday.  Also I might get discharged Sun or Mon.  No one seems to know.  I am hoping for Monday so we can have some time with him in the postpardum room before heading home.  I am a little nervous about having a newborn.

As for me: I am doing ok considering I had major surgery yesterday but my main concern is Ant.  It has been hard being away from him.  Here are a few pics for you to enjoy.  I will put up more later.  DH and I are going to take more at his 9pm feeding tonight.

Expecting

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Tickerpregnancy

TTC TTC #1 since June 2006, Me 29 & DH 30, IVF #1 ICSI and AH ~ BFN, IVF #2 Jan ICSI and AH ~ BFN, IVF #3 w/ DE ~ BFP
"To get through the hardest Journey we need to take only one step at a time, but we must keep on stepping." ~Chinese Proverb

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Free BlinkiesPhotobucket

Photobucket
A symbol of hope for women with POI (POF)
http://www.rachelswell.org/
My Blog

Photobucket

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: suzieq_gal
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 9:01pm
I love the pics of Anthony.
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 9:12pm

He is adorable!!!!! I am sooo happy for you. I am glad everything went OK. I hope he gets to join you before you go home. AWWW on "little squeaks", I love the cries of a newborn. Thank you for sharing.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 11:17pm

YOU DID IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love and happiness forever to the three of you,

xxooxox Caro

Mother to Natalie, born December 7, 2009 with help from Gonal-F injectibles after 20 months of TTC.

iVillage Member
Fri, 02-26-2010 - 11:56pm

Wow! Congrats! You've been through quite a journey!!!

```

Photobucket

Me- 31, DH- 32; TTC #1 since Nov. '07; No known FI issues; DH has borderline/low motility
IUI #1 on Apr. 25--BFN;

IUI #2 on May 22-- BFN ;

IUI#3 on June 19--BFN ;

IUI#4 on July 17--BFN ;

IUI#5 on Aug. 12--BFN ;

IUI#6 (clomid/menopur combo, 3 follicles) on October 20-- BFN;

November cycle canceled due to cyst ;

IUI#7 December 11 (Menopur, possibly two follicles)BFN;

IUI#8 January 5 (Menopur, three follies)BFN ;

Sat out the January cycle;

IUI #9 February 24 (Menopur, three follies)

Photobucket

Photobucket

ttc first

baby
happily married
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:12am
Thank you Jess!!
 Photobucket
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 9:29am
I am so happy for you. Congratulations. He is so adorable. I'm sorry you had to have a c-section but at least you both are doing well.

Karen S

Samantha Kelly ~i~ 7/31/07

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 10:32am
Hello!
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:03pm
Glad everyone is doing well and you're recovering.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:25pm
Gosh I'm so sorry you've had a rough couple of days and it must be so hard being away from him. But I know you'll get through it and you'll all be fine. Soon you'll be home settling into mommyhood and this will be a blur. He is just so delicious and precious!

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
Sat, 02-27-2010 - 7:28pm

Oh I can't wait to meet him in person! I love his chubby little cheeks! :)

Congratulations!

Erin & Ryan SigPhotobucket

Erin & Ryan Sig

Pages