Earliest Symptoms?

iVillage Member
Earliest Symptoms?
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 7:27pm

Hi all,

Not feeling many symptoms... don't know if that is good or bad. I'm only starting my 6th week now so I know it is early.

Just wondering what your earliest symptoms were and when they started.

Thanks,

Lilly

iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 8:16pm
very early on i just felt crampy, but not the usual AF is coming cramps ive heard many people describe it as fireworks. I think the first real symptom i had was nausea and vomitting as well as being exhausted for no reason probably started right around 6 weeks i had nothing other than that... and i do not with these on you. Good luck !
iVillage Member
Mon, 06-21-2010 - 9:19pm
I was really only tired Lilly.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 8:31am

Lilly,

I had some of and on nausea starting around 6 weeks but it didn't go into full swing until about 8 weeks. The tiredness came right about the same time.

Good luck:)

Nat

Pregnancy%20ticker
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 8:45am
Hi Lilly,
I found out I was pregnant at 4 weeks after an iui w/gonal-f, I think the first thing that clued me that was different from all the cycles and before I got a positive was that I noticed one morning in the shower my nipples were darker in color, I had read about this and it was the first time it had happened so I didn't want to get my hopes up but thought it might be a sign. I also had this weird tooth ache that was there one day and gone the next. And although your hair does get more lustrous and fall out less throughout the pregnancy, I was surprised that my hair was actually falling out more right before I learned I was pregnant. I was also looking online like crazy for symptoms to compare with, but everyone is different, it wasn't until a while later after I found out (week or 2) that I started getting morning sickness and feeling super tired all the time, also the sore bbs.
Hope this helps and GL :o)
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 9:49am

Hi Lilly,

I didn't have ANY symptoms- around 6 or 7 weeks I had a couple days when I felt a little "off." But if I didn't know I was pregnant I wouldn't have thought anything of it. I never had m/s. I was only mildly tired a few days. No cramping, and some on and off spotting, but that happened later and only after too much activity. The biggest symptom for me was an increased appetite, I think that started around 8 or 10 weeks. So don't worry at all if you don't have any- it can be totally normal to have none or very mild, and everyone is sooooo different this way.

Good luck and congrats!

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 9:52am
Oh I forgot about the sore boobs too...I don't remember when it started but it was on and off for a while (as were all of my symptoms). You'll discover there is no "normal" when it comes to this. Hopefully you'll be lucky too and skip the m/s! Though I remember in the first few weeks I was praying for it.

Amber

Mason James was born 8/21/10, 8lbs 12 oz after close to 3 years of infertility.
iVillage Member
Tue, 06-22-2010 - 3:28pm

Thank you for sharing your symptoms with me. I think I do have some symptoms, but I'm just not sure if they are symptoms or not LOL

I have some bloating, I want to eat sweet stuff (which is unusual since I'm more of a salty food person) and I have to go to the washroom frequently (tmi sorry). Don't know if that is because of the pregnancy or not. Just hope the LO is growing but won't know for another 2.5 weeks.

The suspense is killing me .. lol. Thank you again for the support.. it means so much to me.

-Lilly

iVillage Member
Wed, 06-23-2010 - 4:16pm

Hi Lilly!