stubborn child

iVillage Member
stubborn child
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 12:24pm
so today was the 3rd anatomy scan ive had because everytime i go this baby is head down and face to my back... no pretty profile shots for me but more importantly to my OB no full view of the heart. So i went again today and it was the same thing she has never not been in that position. After almost an hour of me walking around the tech pushing on my belling and rolling from side to side we gave up ! as the tech said "i hope this stubborness is not a sign of things to come" it makes me a little nervous being now a gestational diabetic with hypertenstion but at least i have many more stubborn ultrasounds to look forward to. just felt like sharing ! hope everyone is doing well

Pages

iVillage Member
In reply to: sorcet
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 12:30pm

Oh

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 1:18pm

Hi stranger.

I was wondering what's been going on with you. Other than the camera shy baby hope all is going well for you. I too have to go in for another scan tomorrow because they weren't able to get a good shot of her heart either. I also have HBP and GD, so join the fun club. Do you know if you are having a girl or boy? You are just days within my due date so it would be great to follow along with your pregnancy. You need to stop in more often and let us know how you are doing. Are you feeling kicks and movement? I was but the LO has been REALLY quiet for the past few days but I'm trying not to panic.

Karen S

Samantha Kelly ~i~ 7/31/07

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 1:30pm
Hey! Sorry your LO is being stubborn and not cooperating with your u/s's. I guess the only good thing is you will get another scan! How are you doing otherwise? I hope you're doing well, keep us posted.
Kelly

Kelly

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 3:58pm
oh karen ive been thinking of you as well we did find out were having a girl thats one thing she lets us see everytime ! how about you? i stop in almost daily but im still feeling like im not quite an IF expert i feel kinda dumb posting on here. about 21 weeks i started to really feel movement my placenta is anterior so they told me it would be awhile she never stops now though this week 3am is her favorite time to make herself known.
iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 6:04pm

We are expecting a girl as well. I visit most daily, I just don't post much unless I see something to contribute to. Don't get me wrong, I have lots of thoughts but just don't have the time to post it.

Karen S

iVillage Member
Wed, 07-07-2010 - 9:01pm

I am sorry that your little girl was shy during the latest ultrasound. Will you be going back again soon? Hope she shows herself next time. I am sorry about the hypertension and gd too. I just failedy 1 hour test and will be going for the 3 hour test on Friday. I am nervous about not passing....

Please keep us posted on your next u/s.

jennyblink.gif picture by nathanielsmom110100

TTCYF-2-Years.gif picture by vanhouten2005

*** PRAYING FOR

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 11:19am
Ive had a name since before i can remember... just so happens my husband loves it as well. Shes an Anna were still debating on the middle name between claire and catherine. I too have not done much as far as nursery things which is probably good because we just decided were moving the end of september (we could have made due were we are but itll be soo much better to have my stepdaughter in her own room). im anxious to get moved before shes here but i think itll be cutting it a little close to get everything done before then. Let me know how ur u/s went- i bought a doppler at 10 weeks simply to make myself sane until i did feel her move and then again when she wasnt as active. Seems like everyone i know is having girls lately !
iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 8:02pm
That's a nice name. My u/s went really well. The baby is head up and facing outward. The tech said I can't feel anything because she's kicking her placenta. I'm just going to have to relax about the whole thing for a few more weeks. I'll probably start furniture shopping in the next few weeks. I'm starting to get the itch to work on her room but that will wait until August. Have fun with the move, that won't be fun. Just make sure you don't overdue it. I just got blood in my urine again this week from lifting something too heavy. I've got to quit doing that.

Karen S

Karen S

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 10:34pm
Sorry

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Thu, 07-08-2010 - 11:51pm
they also told me not to fret if i wasnt feeling her move beings i have an anterior placenta or a giant shock absorber lately she has been over coming that though. I think i only have to wait 3 more weeks for another u/s starting at 24 weeks the high risk ob wanted one every month bc of the hypertension and DM luckily im controlled by diet thus far ! although i want cheese fries on an hourly basis !

Pages