Think I'm in a soap opera.....

iVillage Member
Think I'm in a soap opera.....
Fri, 09-03-2010 - 3:50pm

Hi All,

Didn't know where else to post this- kind of have to get it off my chest....all this wonderful family drama.

So, I've been feeling pretty agitated for days, usually at night when I'm trying to sleep.  Last night was another tough night, but I was chalking it up to pregnancy nerves.  I'm starting a new career too, next week, which is why I've been absent from the boards.  My new job doesn't know I'm pregnant yet and I don't really want to tell them.  I left my last job because they treated me poorly during my pregnancy, and during my losses.  I'm switching gears- I'm going from working with the elderly, which I've done since college to working with children, so I'm feeling pretty nervous.  So, I'm either making the best job choice or making the worst.

I'm also without a car, so I was waiting for my mother to pick me up.  While I was waiting, I decided to check on Junior and doppler myself.  Big mistake.  I couldn't find Baby's HB, so now I'm in a panic.  I gave up for the time being and sulked into my mom's car.  I had to make a delivery to my brother's ex girlfriend (I'm self-employed) so her and I made small talk, "how are you doings".  I noticed as she was writing her check that she still has my brother's picture in her wallet.  she also tells me she's been sick.

My brother's ex, "Anne", has been making his life miserable for weeks...despite the fact that she broke up with him!  But she had been quiet for the last two weeks so we all thought she had accepted him moving on, etc. 

I get back in the car and my mother finally tells me about Anne's "illness".  she emailed my brother last night to tell him that she is 14 weeks pregnant with his baby.  She was with my brother for four years and told all of us that she was unable to have children...although she never elaborated, even with my brother.  So, obviously, we are all very upset by the news.  The timing is suspiscious, she's been acting shady the past few weeks.  My brother is in the process of finding a lawyer, because we all want a paternity test.

So, we don't know whether she is lying about the pregnancy or whether she is pregnant but the paternity is in question.  Either way, none of this is cool.  I almost think she is making this up because my FB profile is my last ultrasound pic, and she's yet to acknowledge my pregnancy.  If she is pregnant and it is my future niece or nephew, the baby will only be a few weeks younger than my own.  This is all so crazy and I'm still digesting all of this. 

I called my poor DH to warn him that things are getting weird.  He came home early from work.  I told him about my failed efforts to doppler, so he doppler-ed me and found Baby's HB right away....so that made me feel ALOT better.  DH has hidden the doppler with my wishes because that thing is driving me crazy more than it helps!  I think I'm starting to feel movement but it is still very light.  I'm hoping that in the coming weeks, I won't need the Doppler because Junior will be all over the place!

Sorry, kind of long, but bit of an update as well.  We find out next Thursday the gender so I can't wait to give Baby a name!  Once we find out the gender, I'll want to start buying more things and putting them away.  I'll try to post more soon, once I get acclimated to my new job. 

Thanks for reading my saga!  The story continues.....

Liz

Me Liz(32) DH Scott(40)  TTC #1 since 9/2006. TTC with unexplained infertility and MFI.  With RE since 12/07 but only started pursuing treatments since 6/09.  1st ever +HPT on 1/8/09, beta confirms pg 1/12/09 but M/C 1/13/09.  Oct 2009 Clomid100mg/IUI cycle=BFN.  Clomid/IUI#2 on miscarriage anniversary (1/13/2010)-BFN .  IUI#3 2/13/10-BFP but considered another chemical. M/C 3/19 :(  IUI#4 with Injectables, 5/10/10-BFP! 1st Beta (5/24):70, 2nd Beta(5/26):228  Stick, baby, stick!!!!! 3rd Beta and u/s(6/2): 2360 and we saw the sac!  EDD 2/1/2011  6/9/10:Saw heartbeat!  No more betas!  

pregnant
Liz- Mom to Jacob, born 2/4/11. IF and Miscarriage survivor. Lilypie First Birthday tickers
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 11:00am

Hi Liz, it's nice to hear from you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:50pm
Aw Liz I am sorry your life is so crazy. I hope everything works out. At least DH could find the HB no problem!

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

iVillage Member
Tue, 09-07-2010 - 9:36am

Liz,

It's nice to see you on the board again:)

Congrats on the new job. I hope it goes well & ends up being a good move for you.

That must have been scary when you couldn't find the HB but that's great that your DH found it right away.

Sorry that you have some family drama going on. Hopefully it will all work out for the best.

Yay on finding out the gender next week. I hope all goes well with your US. Do you have a feeling either way? With my 1st I just knew it was a boy but with this one I kept flip flopping on my guess pretty much every week, LOL!!

I bet

Pregnancy%20ticker