i need a little (big) vent

iVillage Member
i need a little (big) vent
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 4:31am
so this really has nothing to do with my pregnancy and im sorry its so long but never the less i need to yell alot. the other night dh and i went on a "date". we went out to eat and then to play some mini golf. the buildings are right across the street from each other. when we got to mini golf i noticed i didnt have my debit card so we went back and they found it for me. It was left there maybe 10-15 minutes. never the less it was enough time for whoever to write down my card number. yesterday morning i noticed my bank account was over $1000 less than i thought it should be. i called the bank and they listed to me 10 transactions or so that totalled well over $1500 that were NOT mine. I called the places ( all online) that the money was charged to and they quickly told me indeed the shipping address for the stuff was not mine nor did the person use my name but they wouldnt release who it was with out a police report. As ive said many times i work nights and had not slept as i usually sleep during the day.. so after i spent 4 hours at the bank we realized the amount would be probably over 2000 and i really only have access to a very small amt of money for the next 2 weeks. The bank claims i will get all the money back but whos to say for sure if and when i will. shortly after i filed a police report and im hoping to find out soon who could look at someone nearly 8 months pregnant and choose to scam them out of this much money. it truly makes me sick to think about it. To top it all off after not eating for 18 hours and not sleeping in 26 hours my day was not yet done for my inlaws were in town. Thankfully they bought us dinner- and thankfully the resturaunt we went to had chocolate cake ! Sorry anna youre going to have to grow a little more today bc mommy needs sugar ! now after sleeping 5 hrs my night shift brain is awake and im expected to go out and about today before working a 12 hour shift at the hospital. the worst part is i was going to buy the rest of the babys furniture this weekend. sorry this is so long and nothing to do with ttc or pregnancy but u girls always pick me up and darn it i need it today !
iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 9:29am

Sorry girl! That sucks and I've been there done that both with my debit card and my amex this year. Neither card ever left my wallet so I still don't know how the numbers were stolen. My debit was trying to be used for large purchases in another state and my amex was being used for international plane tickets. Luckily both were caught quickly and resolved in the same way. I hope you can get your situation straightened out quickly, what a pain!!

Kelly

Kelly

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 10:41am

Oh wow, I'm sorry that happened to you.

Photobucket

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:22pm
Wow that completely sucks and, once again, helps me lose faith in the human race at large.

Isabel
Mom to Sebastian Robert after 3+ years of infertility

iVillage Member
Sat, 09-04-2010 - 6:42pm
Oh that is TERRIBLE! I never understand why people steal but to steal from a pregnant woman. All I can say is karma will get you.

Dixie

"Even miracles take a little time." ~ Fairy Godmother: Cinderella

TTC since April 2009

M/C November 2009

Metformin December 2009

Clomid #1 50mg April 2010 = no O :-(

Clomid #2 100mg May 2010 = BFN

Clomid #3 150mg July 2010 = BFN

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Dixie