Maybe it's my computer, but(M)

iVillage Member
Maybe it's my computer, but(M)
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 8:59am
Is it taking anyone elses computer an inordinately long time to load various pages on this board. Sometimes but not all the time I am totally unable to view the outline view. My computer just sits there spinning it's wheels, but able to load it. Hopefully it's a problem with the board that can be worked out because I can't participate if it's going to take this long to post and read. Anyone else having this problem? Kris
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 10:20am
My computer is also taking forever and a day to load a page. I even have DSL cable internet. I would hate to see how long I would be sitting here if I had dial up modem. I hope this is something they are going to be able to fix pretty soon, otherwise it would take me all day just to read the posts, not including what I wanted to reply to. I am also unable to view the outline view.

Kelly

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:52am
I'll respond to both you and Heather. I am having the exact same problem with the flashing screen and inability to load the outline view. That makes me feel better that it's hopefully not my computer. I also have DSL, so it should be fast. Heather, I am currently using explorer and still having trouble. We'll keep plugging away at it. Thanks for posting roll call. Kris
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:20am
Kris,

It's not just you--I'm having the same problem. I can't get the outline view to load either. It just keeps trying to load but nothing happens. The other thing that's happening is that whenever I click on a post, it loads and then I get a white screen, as if it's loading again, and then I can see it. It's VERY annoying and takes so much longer than usual. And I have a DSL connection, so it should be very fast.

I guess they'll have to work these kinks out soon...

Alyse

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 9:05am
Kris,

I had a hard time this morning trying to get on with Netscape, I couldn't even load the new board. I switched to Explorer and now I'm having no problems, and it even loads faster than the old page on Netscape.

This is sure going to take a little while to get used to, I just found the way to get to the roll call, and OT part of the board. I might try setting up the roll call if you don't mind???

Good luck,

Heather