Welcome to the new Board Format

iVillage Member
Welcome to the new Board Format
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 12:43pm
Hi all - Sorry that it has taken me this long to say welcome to everyone, Quin (my DS) had minor surgery this a.m. and this is the first chance I have had to post.

I know that the format is confusing but I hope that everyone will bear with us as we all get used to it. Julie and I had a chance to preview it before it began live, I can tell you that we were not excited about it. However, we hope that you will all bear with us as we learn how to make this work for our board along with you. We hope that this board will get back to it's regular activity soon.

Julie and I would like to hear all of your comments about the new format as we are going to send a note to the Pplace powers that be shortly.

Thanks (a confused as you are) - CL~Kris

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 5:49pm
I really dont like it. Not just because its different but it takes way too much time. Sometimes I check in at work and take a quick peek but this is impossible. Thumbs down for me. Maggie
iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:32pm
Julie - i completely understand what you said and that is the one of the problems they are working on. let's just say that I think they put this "Live" a little too quickly so....hang tight. We'll see what happens in the next few days

CL~Kris

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:16pm
ok, maybe i figured it out - do you need to log in first?

Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 3:11pm
Hi Kris, I thought I had this thing kind of figured out. Then I closed my browser, and when I reopened it, the outline of the main IVF page said that I had unread messages in every post. Actually, I only had one unread message. Will there be a way to track what I've already read when I close my browser down and start up again? I really hope this makes sense (it's hard to type out what I mean to say!)!

Thanks, Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 03-27-2003 - 1:26pm
Kris, you can see my comments under general discussion. I don't know how to be more specific than that because the threads aren't numbered on the main board. I could go in and get the message #, but that wouldn't do you any good because you'd have to open each message to look at the numbers. Anyway, I noted several problems I'm having (flashing screen, very long time loading pages and inability to open outline view. It seems several other people are having the same problems. Hope it gets worked out soon. I'll check back tonight. I'm too frustrated for now. Kris