had my first follicle check today

iVillage Member
had my first follicle check today
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 3:55pm
I can't believe how bad things look. My E2 was 571, which they said was good. However, I only have 4 follicles that they think will be ready for retrieval. They were 19 1/2, 17, 14, and 11. I am reducing my meds to 2 amps each so hopefully the little ones will catch up. I knew that with borderline fsh, I wouldn't be a great performer, but I was hoping for better than this. I am just so sad. I guess we don't have to worry about having any to freeze now. Do you all think I have any hope?

Allison, IVF/ICSI #1, day 6 of stims, follistim and repronex

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:25pm
Allison, Because you are only on day 6 of stimms there is much hope. My RE has me stim for about 11 days. With the reduction of the meds, you'll be surprised how many of the smaller follies catch up. Don't give up hope. Good luck and I'll keep you in my positive thoughts and prayers. Dawn
iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 4:56pm
Allison,

Don't give up yet...they had me continue with stims for about 3 more days after my larget follie measured over 19. I was worried about it, but doing so allowed the smaller ones to indeed catch up.

Try to keep you spirits up, and know that we are all cheering for you!

Julie

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 6:00pm
Allison....I'm sorry sweetie...I know how frustrating it is to go in there with all the hopes in the world to hear Samantha say "congratulations....you have 20 follies to work with". My first cycle which was a long lupron protocol I only had 4, then we switched to Antagon and I got 2. I'm now doing the MDL and will find out how I'm doing on Tuesday. I can tell you now that my hubby and I talked to Dr. G about this and we all (now looking back on it) wish that we'd just settled for the 4 we had in November. It's a tough call though. As hard as it is.....just try and trust him to make the right decision. He honestly will know what's going on by your E2 and from what I've come to understand from him....he's definitely not the type to give you false hope. If he thinks this cycle has good chances, he'll go for it. You're in good hands.

I hope the best for you and like the other ladies said....a lot can definitely happen overnight in the stimming world. He told me that he'd rather me have 4 good, strong follies than 20 "okay" follies. Remember...quality is important here not necessarily quantity. But having that said....I know exactly where you're coming from unfortunately.

When are you going back in?

iVillage Member
Sat, 03-29-2003 - 7:01pm
I am feeling a bit better now. I am looking forward to reducing my meds. I really haven't felt well for the last 2 days. I go in Monday for another 7 am check. Gosh, those make me tired!!!

I am determined to make 4 great follicles!!

Allison