Could someone please help me stop obsess

iVillage Member
Could someone please help me stop obsess
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 10:25am
This is the beginning of my 7th day of stims.My RE is not seeing me until friday for u/s.This is my second attempt,last cycle cancelled due to poor response.What if anything should I be feeling symptom wise? Last cycle I had absolutely no symptoms,no weight gain,no cramping,no bloating.no discomfort and only 4 follies.Now I feel things on/off but not constant like I'll feel full but then an hour later I feel fine,or I'll feel crampy.I'm having back spasms and leg pain but have no idea if this is due to growth in my abdomen or if it's just my back acting up.Did any of you have discomfort by this point? I feel like I should be uncomfortable by this point but I have nothing to compare it to.I do get low pelvic pain if I walk too fast or move too quickly.I know everyone is different and there is no way of knowing without u/s I'm just wondering what others experiences have been.Thanks Heather

iVillage Member
Mon, 03-31-2003 - 10:53pm

Heather,

My cycle went pretty well - I had 12 follies, but I didn't feel any worse than you do now. Even right up to the day when I had my retrieval, I could just feel some pressure around my right ovary.

I did get bloated - basically just puffy around my belly (but I was also eating a lot of ice cream to reward myself for doing shots! LOL)

HTH - try not to worry about not feeling more uncomfortable. Hopefully you are making more progress AND getting to feel okay!

Good luck,

Susan

iVillage Member
Tue, 04-01-2003 - 9:05am
Thank you Susan,I would be thrilled with 12 eggs!!! I'm so glad to hear that you felt pretty normal up to RT.It just seems like so many people complain about side effects or bloating or uncomfortable distention of the abdomen and honestly if I wasn't obsessing what I feel is nothing to really complain about.My biggest symptom is cramping and I'm hoping that is a good sign.I guess there is nothing I can do about it so I should just relax,but thats easier said than done.Thanks again for your response.Heather