My first transfer is tomorrow! CBs?

iVillage Member
My first transfer is tomorrow! CBs?
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 2:16pm
I'm so nervous! I haven't been able to post becase I wasn't able to access the board. I finally decided to try Explorer instead of Netscape and it worked.

My retrieval was Monday. The Dr. retrieved 8 follies and 5 fertilized with ICSI. The nurse called me today and said that I have 3 embryos that have 4 cells each and 2 embryos at 3-4 cells with 30-50% fragmentation. Does 4 cells sound right for this time frame? Does the fragmentation mean that those embryos won't make it?

It seems like I'm taking a lot of medications. Please tell me if these sound right to you. I'm doing 2cc of PIO at night (ouch!), Estrace vaginally twice a day, Prometrium vaginally 3 times a day, Medrol, Ginkgo Biloba, aspirin and a vitamin.

I'm so nervous!!!!! I lurked at this board for so long and sympathized with everyone's ups and downs, but actually going through this, well, you know what it's like.

++++++++ for everyone,

Steph

P.S. Do I have any buddies?

iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:37pm
G---R---O---W & dddiiivvviiidddeee vibes to you!!! I was so nervous too, it'll be so nice to have them back "with you"!! I think the progress with the embies sounds great!!! Hopong for a nice, easy, textbook transfer!! (((hugs))) ~Amie
iVillage Member
Wed, 04-02-2003 - 6:52pm
Good luck to you, Steph!!! I transfered two blasts yesterday and everything went pretty well - it is very exciting (and a bit emotional!) and if you get to see the ultrasound while they are doing it, it is really, really neat!!

Lots of sticky vibes to you!!

Julie

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 6:49am
GL steph!! How exciting, but I'm sure its nerve wracking at the same time...I'm starting my 1st IVF cycle...on Lupron right now and I'm supposed to call the office once AF shows..they gave me an estimated date of 4/18 as my transfer date, but we'll see how the stimming goes...Just wanted to send you lots of +++++ thoughts...hope this is it for you!

Michelle