Question on AF after a chemical PG.

iVillage Member
Question on AF after a chemical PG.
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 11:36am
Can anyone tell me if you have a noraml cycle after having a chemical pg?? We did my 2nd IVF in Feb and it ended in this area. Our first HCG levels were 14 then then went up to 29. That same day I started bleeding even while taking Prog. I bleed for over a week. Just wondering if my body will ovulate this month and when should I expect AF. I have no sighns of "O"ing and I am on day 25. Normal cycle is 30 days. Any help on this matter would be appreciated. Really looking forward to AF coming so we can get FET in motion. Thanks ahead of time.

Melanie

iVillage Member
Thu, 04-03-2003 - 12:41pm
Hi Melanie-

I had a chemical pg with my 1st IUI...1st beta was 23, but only got up as far as 82 before it started dropping...AF came soon after and stayed about a week. I did have a normal cycle the month after, and I think I did ov that month....but everyone is different..I'm sorry you had to experience that.

GL with your FET!

Michelle

iVillage Member
Fri, 04-04-2003 - 12:51pm
Melanie - I can tell you from my 2 experiences after chemicals my 2nd AF always comes late. I went so far as 50 days and then RE gave me Provera. So hang in your body is readjusting to purging the meds from your system.

Hugs, CL~Kris