crampin before beta?

iVillage Member
crampin before beta?
Sat, 04-05-2003 - 3:38pm
my beta is on monday, but today is exactly 14dp rt, so i am assuming that if i'm not pg, then af should be here now. We bd this morning, and now i'm spotting a little, and i have slight cramps. Now, i cramp a day before af comes normally, so i don't know what to think. Plus, i took one of those evil pee sticks yesterday with a bfn, but i am just ignoring it.

any input on what's going on? I know i've heard cramping is normal even if you are pg, but how do you know the difference if you are or if your not? This is so confusing.

TIA!

Fran ttc#1 for 2 1/2 yrs ivf#1

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 9:56am
Fran - as yo said if you are not pg by now you won't be. As for the HPT you are right to ignore it. I have seen to many people get - hpt's and + betas.

The cramping and spotting can be a result of the bd'ing that you did. I assume you are on progestrone, that drug can hold off AF (for some women) till you stop it fully.

So hang in there less than 24 hours to go. Hoping your evil pee stick was wrong and you get a BFP!

Hugs Kris

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 3:44pm
Fran,

Ignore the stick! I say that, but we'll see what I do before my beta on Friday - LOL!

I was told no BDing before the beta - maybe to avoid spotting and unnecessary worry?

Good luck to you - I am sending you all kinds of positive thoughts!!!!

Julie

iVillage Member
Sun, 04-06-2003 - 8:53pm
thank you you guys so much for making me feel better. I know those sticks are awful and don't mean anything until you take a beta. tomorrow at this time i will know for sure weather i am or not. I am feeling a bit nervous to find out.

thanks again for you support!

hugs,

Fran